The info below is about the YouTube Studio mobile app. Learn more about changing a YouTube video's privacy settings with your computer or on the YouTube app.
When you upload a video, by default it’s set as a "Public" video, which means that anybody can view it. You can use the YouTube Studio app to easily change the privacy settings of your videos.
- Open the YouTube Studio app .
- From the bottom menu, tap Content .
- Select the video you want to edit.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Visibility and choose Public, Unlisted, or Private.
- Public: Anyone at YouTube can view public videos. They can also be shared with anyone using YouTube.
- Unlisted: Unlisted videos and playlists can be viewed and shared by anyone with the link.
- Private: Private videos and playlists can be seen by you and whomever you choose.
- Tap Save.