Enable or disable video ads
Before you start: Make sure you've enabled monetization using your computer. You won't see a monetization tab in the app until you've turned on monetization for your channel.
- Open the Creator Studio app .
- Tap menu > Videos .
- Select the video you want to monetize or turn ads off for.
- Tap the edit icon .
- Tap the monetization tab .
- To turn ads on or off, tap the switch for Monetize with ads. If you use YouTube's Content ID matching system, follow the on-screen instructions to set or modify the usage policy.
- If you're enabling ads, adjust the ad formats and ad breaks. You can only enable ad breaks for before or after the video. Learn more about YouTube's advertising format options.
- Tap Save.
Note: To change your rental or purchase settings, log in to your account on a computer. If there's a third-party claim on the video, you won't be able to set a usage policy for the video.
This article is for the YouTube Creator Studio mobile app, but you can also enable or disable ads on your computer.