/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Live Control Room is now the new home for live streaming on YouTube 0 Recommended Answers 383 Replies 20249 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Hi creators,

In March 2019, we launched the new Live Control Room in YouTube Studio, to help streamers create, manage, and monitor live streams all in one place. Since then, we have been making constant improvements to live streaming on YouTube by working closely with all types of streamers. We’ve listened to your feedback and implemented feature requests.

Today, we are excited to announce an improved set of features that will address feedback we heard from many of you about making it easier to go straight to a dashboard and start streaming. You can see some of these features on the Stream tab in Live Control Room: 

• An update to the stream dashboard with quick access to all live stream settings. Your previous stream settings will be copied automatically to enable you to go live instantly.
  • Starting and stopping streams on YouTube from your encoder. You will need to come to YouTube first, and then you are ready to stream! 
  • Simplified stream key management. Meaning no need to create a new stream key for every new stream. For advanced users, you can still manage multiple stream keys as before. 

With these updates, we are confident to call Live Control Room the permanent home for streamers and, starting in early August, we will gradually remove the Classic Streaming option from the left-hand side navigation menu. Two weeks before this change applies to your channel, you will receive a notification in YouTube Studio with more details. 

For those of you trying  Live Control Room for the first time, welcome! We’ve been hard at work adding a bunch of improvements over the last year. A few highlights include:

• An improved stream dashboard that lets you monitor the health of the stream, in-depth analytics, viewer activity (Super Chat, Super Stickers, Memberships), and a preview of your stream all from one place.
  • Improved highlight creation: When you start a new stream, you can create a highlight, and directly publish a new video, right from the dashboard. If you are short on time, you can just add markers in the stream dashboard and then release a highlight of the stream immediately after the stream is over, even before it may be done processing.
  • An improved Manage page where you can create and schedule multiple live streams to help remind viewers about upcoming streams as well as assessing stream health from a bird’s eye view. 
  • Upgraded backend technology, much more stable than Classic live tools, that allows us to release new features that creators want a lot faster.

Please note: If you are using Live Control Room for the first time, you will need to update your stream key in your encoders to the one shown in Live Control Room. This is a one time update and you will not have to do this again.

Most streamers are already using Live Control Room, but, if you haven't tried it yet, we encourage you to do so in the next few weeks so you can get familiar with the platform and its new features before the Classic tools are deprecated. Check out this Live Control Room walkthrough here.

We hope you enjoy these updates and that you continue sharing your feedback so we can make live streaming on YouTube the best experience it can be! 

Happy streaming,
Jensen (TeamYouTube)
Details
Most Relevant Answer Most Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (383)
Most Relevant Answer
Very good I am excited
marked this as an answer
Most relevant based on info available
Most Relevant Answer
I want to do Live Chat but i don't know how to update it so i can please help me
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
Very good i I'm very excited to watch
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
This is a good news
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
With this new dashboard, if I accidentally started a live stream, how do I end it manually without first going live? (It seems, that right now, in order to end the accidental stream, I have to go live through my encoder and then end it through the encoder. I want to be able to end the stream without ever going live first.) This new dashboard is not nearly as user friendly as the previous iteration of YouTube Studio that we've been using (which was way better than the Classic Dashboard).
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
i have a problem i noticed today when i went to start my stream their is no way to start and stop my stream once i connect my camera and go live streaming starts automatic and once i disconnect after about 30sec the stream will end is this an update or is their a setting that i can change to get this feature back the channel is RCL U975
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
It would be great if instead of just taking away functionality like the Start/Stop Streaming Button, things like that could be made an option that can be turned on and off. I like looking if everything is okay with my Stream in the YouTube Preview Window before going live. I also sometimes need to stop my stream in the encoder to quickly change something and I don't want the actual stream on YouTube to stop during that.
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
I had an issue so I used the chat support feature and the Support Agent Rain D. didnt say anything for 20 minutes before I ended the chat and now when I try to go back to chat support it takes me to that same chat thats ended and I cant get support from Youtube. I mustve purchased 100 movies and shows and pay the premium and they wont help me I think that shows how much they care about their customers
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
I have an issue with The New Live Control Room. I cant create and stream Multiple Streams at the the same time. It allows me to run only one event, If  I add another, the keys interrupts the current event and sometimes it stops. I'm using Vmix Software encoder... what could be the reason?

This experience started yesterday, before that everything was perfect and I could run up to 4 different events at the same time, without any problem....
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
how are you doing girl bianca back with video do youtube please put me now
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic