/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
restricted mode enabled by "network administrator", on a personal wifi network 0 Recommended Answers 577 Replies 4728 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
My MacBook randomly started doing this about a day ago.  Occasionally I'll start a video on my iPhone, then go into my history and finish watching it on my Mac, but i've been doing this for years.  I go to do it last night and it says "Restricted, try signing in with a Google Apps account".  Sign out and sign back in.  Same thing.  Go into settings.  "Restricted mode is enabled by your network administrator", which is total crap, because this is a personal wifi network, and my personal account.  My iPhone is not doing this, otherwise I'd probably be going insane.  I've googled many fixes and q&as to fix this issue, but it always seems to be an Android/Windows problem.  I use Google Chrome because Safari doesn't accept my security, but I've had the security for years too, that's not the issue.  I tried loading YouTube on Safari with the same account and my restricted mode is totally off.  It's weird.  I could switch over to Safari if i absolutely had to, but Chrome is all I use, and it's far more secure.  Please help!
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (577)
Relevant Answer
I'm been having the exact same problem for a few hrs now (also on macbook). Started when I downloaded a vpn to connect with my university network. Still had the restricted mode when I disconnected. So I don't really know if it's the vpn or something else causing it.
The mode is off if I use incognito mode or some other browser.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is happening to me too, and I don´t have an administrator. But it is really creepy. All my Youtube pages are either gone or I can´t access them or they run along the bar in 3 seconds. It´s as if I´m being prevented from seeing anything and at the ame time I keep getting sites that are from other countries and in other languages. What is going on?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same problem. I am using safari and I can only watch youtube on my mobile. I am on restricted mode on all my accounts on my MAC. what is going on?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So do I. Now my YouTube is full of craps that I don't want to. I guess the false is belong tp the WiFi administrator
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the exact same problem. I don't know what to do!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Reset your home wifi router and reconfigure. Connect your macbook to your mobile hotspot. Menu, settings, notifications, scroll below, click on restricted mode. and off. that's it. It worked for me. Try it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having a simpler problem. I can't find the way to tern it off.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I do not know da way! Help meh!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
in one way I am happy to see I am not the only one having the issue, in another no one has yet to suggest a solution that works!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i'm having the same problem with my dell windows computer youtube won't let me do anithing
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic