This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
YouTube Desktop Release Notes – April 2019 0 Recommended Answers 105 Replies 2730 Upvotes
Last edited 5/1/19
Here’s a round up of product improvements and bug fixes from this month. Reminder: these are just desktop updates from the team responsible for the youtube.com desktop experience (though they don’t work on absolutely everything – for example other teams are responsible for YouTube Studio, monetization features, recommendations, etc.)
- There’s a new mini version of the left hand navigation guide that will show when you resize your browser window to a smaller size! This makes it easier to navigate to core YouTube pages, even with a smaller screen or browser.
- When you’re watching videos in a playlist (such as "watch later") and you navigate away from the video, we now automatically activate the miniplayer. This allows you to navigate the site and keep watching videos at the same time! Note: when you're watching any video not in a playlist, you'll need to manually launch the miniplayer using the button.
- Previously, if you tried to watch a live video in a playlist, the chat messages were far down on the page – so we fixed that and now live chat is above the playlist!
- For a few hours, some people couldn’t search or navigate between YouTube pages correctly – so we fixed that!
- When a video was at the end of the row you couldn't click the "Watch Later" button, so we fixed that!
- The scrollbar was appearing while in full screen for some people – so we fixed that!
- After clicking on the miniplayer, sometimes it would appear blank, instead of displaying the video – so we fixed that! We also fixed the miniplayer tooltips, which weren’t always displaying correctly.
- Accessibility fixes! We fixed the keyboard focus so you can more easily navigate the left hand navigation guide after watching a video. And in some cases, keyboard focus would skip videos in a playlist, so we fixed that too!
– Jordan from TeamYouTube (on behalf of the YouTube Desktop Team)
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.