/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Bedtime reminders & other features to help you manage screen time 0 Recommended Answers 4 Replies 76 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
With many of us at home, it can be especially hard to stick to your routine, and it's more important than ever to set boundaries to help manage how much time you're spending online. 

In 2018, we launched a suite of features to help manage your time on YouTube, including setting a reminder to take a break. Since we introduced this feature, we've sent more than 3 billion take a break reminders, and today we're expanding these tools and launching bedtime reminders,  so you can set times to be prompted to go to bed and better manage your sleep schedule.

Bedtime reminders let you set reminders at specific times to stop watching videos and (you guessed it!) go to bed. You set start and end times in your Settings, including whether or not you want the prompt to interrupt a video or wait until the video is over. You’ll also be able to dismiss or snooze the reminder. This feature is available starting today on Android and iPhone devices and will roll out to all users in the next few days. Here’s how to turn on / off in your Settings.

As a reminder here's a recap of other related features to help with your digital wellbeing:

• Time watched profile: This feature gives you a better understanding of the time you spend on YouTube. Your time watched profile includes your daily average watch time and how long you’ve watched YouTube videos today, yesterday and over the past 7 days, along with a full suite of tools for users who want to manage their watching habits. More details here.
  • Take a break reminder: This feature lets you set a reminder to take a break while watching videos. Just set the reminder to appear every 15, 30, 60, 90 or 180 minutes, and your video will pause at that interval until you dismiss it or resume playing the video. This feature is “off” by default and can be enabled/disabled and adjusted in your Settings. Check out these instructions.
  • Scheduled notification digest: This feature allows you to combine all of the daily push notifications you receive from the YouTube app into a single combined notification. Just set a specific time to receive your scheduled digest and from then on you’ll only receive one notification per day. The scheduled digest is “off” by default and can be turned off/on in Settings with these steps.
  • Note: With the scheduled digest, you’ll still receive all of your notifications. It combines all push notifications including live streams, upload and comment notifications. By enabling this feature, you may not see a live stream until after it has ended. 
  • Disable notification sounds and vibrations: This feature ensures that notifications from the YouTube app are sent silently to your phone during a specified time period each day. By default, all sounds and vibrations will be disabled between 10pm and 8am, but you can enable/disable the feature and customize the start and end times from your Settings

Every single person uses YouTube differently. Some of us use it to learn new things, while others use it when they need a laugh or to stay in touch with their favorite creators. Whether you consider yourself a power user or just like watching videos from time to time, we want to help everyone better understand their tech usage, disconnect when needed, and create healthy habits. We hope all of these features help you do just that! 

And as always, your feedback is critical to helping us improve the product. Feel free to share your thoughts in comments below and you can submit feedback in the app at any time by tapping on your Account icon and then the “Send Feedback” button.  

Sarah, TeamYouTube
All Replies (4)
Your videos are awesome
marked this as an answer
You are the best
marked this as an answer
@Sarah (TeamYouTube) When can I disable the skip video buttons in the video player on the mobile app? I like to use the double tap to skip 10 seconds feature, but often I find myself accidentally tapping on one of those buttons instead, and I end up accidentally switching to a different video. Afterwards, I have to reload the original video, wait for it to buffer, and then find the spot in the video where I left off. I find the skip video buttons to be very annoying, and I don't think anybody has ever deliberately used those buttons. The functions I find more useful are the double tap to seek video functions, which I'm sure people use way more than the skip video buttons. Please fix the mobile app! The skip video buttons are very counterproductive!
marked this as an answer
Thank you 😊
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic