This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
YouTube Desktop Release Notes – March 2019 0 Recommended Answers 46 Replies 2186 Upvotes
Last edited 4/6/19
Here’s a round up of product improvements and bug fixes from this month. Reminder: these are just desktop updates from the team responsible for the youtube.com desktop experience (though they don’t work on absolutely everything – for example other teams are responsible for YouTube Studio, monetization features, recommendations, etc.)
- We redesigned the 3-dot menus! You’ll notice some new items and icons. Check it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
- New suggestions for what to watch next now load automatically as you scroll down the video page (just like comments). Previously, you had to click a “Load More” button – so this makes it easier to continue scrolling to find the next thing to watch!
- If you’ve used the miniplayer while watching a playlist, you may notice that we’ve improved how you expand to see the videos coming up next in the list. If not, try it out and let us know what you think!
- And if you’ve ever had a hard time finding a playlist with a really long title, now all long playlist titles wrap to a second line, so you can view the full thing!
- When viewing a playlist, the creator of the playlist’s channel name wasn’t clickable, so we fixed that. You can now click on their name and be taken directly to their channel!
- There were some layout issues when viewing YouTube on a small browser windows and/or screens – so we fixed that. We’ve now improved the top navigation and icon design so it looks much better, regardless of window size! We also made the history page easier to view and use on small browser windows.
- Some links in descriptions would make you leave the video page, so we fixed that. Now all links open in a new tab so you can continue watching the video.
- Accessibility fix! For folks navigating via a keyboard vs a mouse, we improved the focus across various buttons and in the Left Hand Guide so you can more clearly see where you’re navigating.
- We removed this small dot – random, but it shouldn’t have been there! #facepalm
– Jordan from TeamYouTube (on behalf of the YouTube Desktop Team)
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.