/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Can we disable stories notices for all or sub channels? Takes up screen real estate and unwanted. 0 Recommended Answers 93 Replies 1057 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
I get it is a new feature but the stories notifications are pushed out to channel subscribers with no way to disable by the viewer on Android.  Not an issue on iOS...yet..since stories are not available on iOS.  On Android, even when tapping the three dots and saying "not interested" the notification says "story removed" but it comes right back when screen refreshed or app reloaded.  I had so many "stories" notices that I had to unsubscribe from one or more channels just to make them go away.  Anyone know of a workaround for Android?
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (93)
Relevant Answer
It's sad that nobody from YouTube's team has responded to this. I absolutely HATE stories on YouTube and wish they could be disabled.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I agree, same thing here, not even a delete button or not interested button at all. So frustrating. Youtube, where are you?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Shitty stories!!!!!!
How can this kid feature be turned off?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Fu** YouTube stories. Nobody gives a sh**. Barely care about YouTube enough as it is. Im about to cancel my YouTube sh**.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Of course they won't respond. They don't want to let us turn it off.

I'm constantly on the lookout for a new video app to replace it.

YouTube's app is now more cluttered than a ad filled shady site.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Guise, for Android, just use YT Vanced, it's light years ahead of Google. Yeah, you can turn off stories too.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I hate when youtube stories get clicked accidentally sometimes.they should make this optional. I find it not useful at all.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I want to disable stories that keep in annoying me
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Its disgusting.. before when we turn off recommended videos in notification its gone. But now no option to avoid it .. google kindly help the people from unwanted stuffs..
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Repost because someone replied. Please do not so that people find this solution at the bottom.
If you really have an alternate solution, feel free to reply, but make sure to quote this post so others can see it, otherwise I will repost again and quote you.

✔️ SOLVED:
Stories are cr█p as there are no playback controls, no way to view remaining time, description, upload date or dislike count, they have LOTS of other UI issues, and they encourage vertical videos.

Big thanks to user anj for replying with the solution:
I uninstalled updates in youtube app.... and the shorts and stories seems to have disappeared....for now🤞
So, downgrade your YouTube app by uninstalling updates (reset to factory version) or trying to install an archived APK.
Personally, I use the Android app 14.10.53 from around 3 years ago, which has no stories or much of other recent BS. The comments are in the correct place, and you swipe left/right to stop a minimised video. Ads for YT Premium still appear though (they started after I stopped updating, so they may be version-independent, "streamed" on the fly, which brings me worries about execution of arbitrary downloaded code or "shadow updates"). Maybe using an even older version will fix this but I do not recommend going too far.

Another user, Siddique Akber, replied with his solution:
Hey guys. I got an alternate solution for this. The Short Video cannot be disabled at least for the moment. However, you can disable certain categories as -> Not Interested by expanding the top right [⋮] three dots on every video.
Thank you very much as well. I haven't tested it, and it may only be possible in one of the latest versions of the app.

The likely best workaround is installing YouTube V‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‍a‌‍n‌‍█e‌‍d‍ (from va█ced.app), a third-party app that blocks ads without paying for Red/Premium. It has more options (like comment location toggling, hiding stories, loop play) and other features, solving most problems that everyone seems to complain about. Join its Reddit community at r/va█ced to learn more.

✔️ This matter has been solved.

✖️ Do NOT reply so that this answer stays at the bottom! Otherwise I'll repost!
 ↓
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic