/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
My YouTube channel has been hacked/hijacked. Ownership changed
So long story short, on November 27th, 2019, some guy who was apparently a representative of a VPN company (Morph#9091), offered me a sponsorship deal on Discord.

Everything sounded great! I do a couple of promotions, they'll pay me three digit number cash in return, but unfortunately things got a bit shady the next day. He wanted me to also test the product, so I foolishly clicked on a fake website that he sent, I downloaded the VPN and Windows Defender instantly said it's a Wacatac Trojan virus. I questioned him and got blocked in return. It was all a scam.

9 days later on December 7th, 2019, my YouTube channel name suddenly changed from KeV3n to HardPlay and I wasn't logged in, but my Google account was. So I quickly logged back in on YouTube, except, I had no control over my channel anymore. After researching I concluded that the ownership of my channel has been transferred to a different user/gmail. I have full access of my google and gmail account, but I can no longer control my YouTube account.

I had 2FA protection enabled and everything, but I got no security threat messages at all. However, on ''Your Devices'' page I noticed that there was an unknown source from a completely different location. I live in Estonia but this one was from the USA.

Please help me get full control of my channel back, thanks.
~KeV3n
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (46)
"May you always do for others, and let others do for you" ~Bob Dylan
Relevant Answer
Not sure if YouTube or Google can take responsibility for this but, anyway, who is Stade?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm KeV3n's brother, we are trying to get some support! This situation is over our hands and we are limited to take any further actions. We are aware this is complicated situation and YouTube or Google is not actually responsible of scams or opening suspicious links. But It's still illegal to steal peoples social accounts and sell them for others and i think YouTube and Google should still protect they're users, because Youtube have more tools than regular users to protect themselves. This account was hijacked and renamed yesterday december 7th and it's already up for sale for $270 on site called: accs-market.com.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is there any chance to get support and to make Youtube to investigate this case? We can give all the details and screenshots we have and know. There's not much information we have, but maybe it's enough to start investigation process?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So should we wait until this YouTube account get sold? Or what is the next step? It's clear that we have nothing else to do to solve this. We cant't track down where is that hijacked account is logged in from. We have no access to it. Only solution that Youtube help center offers is secure our account with 2-step verification which was already activated and also useless in that case, because YouTube account got unlinked without any warning. No email, no verification. No alert even if it was showing connected device from San Jose, CA, USA, but it's clearly from russia. I have seen people with similar problems have got help from this community forum, so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get support?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
September 24, 2019
Millions of YouTube accounts hijacked through phishing and compromised 2FA

Cybersecurity executives blamed YouTube’s continued use of multifactor authentication and relying on user credentials instead of more advanced forms authentication as the reasons behind why millions of accounts were hijacked over the last few days.
The attackers used phishing attacks that convinced account owners to give up their Google account login credentials, used that information to enter the accounts and then re-assigned them to new owners, ZDNet reported. Next the malicious actors changed the channel’s vanity URL so the legitimate owners never realized their account was hijacked.
The attackers were also able to bypass the two-factor authentication required for each account, most likely by using a tool like Modlishka, said Rosemary O’Neill, Director of Customer Delivery, for NuData Security, a Mastercard company.
“Companies like YouTube need to have better tools to protect their users to reduce the chances of an attack. Two-factor authentication was not enough, as attackers reportedly used a tool like Modlishka to intercept SMS codes. In this case, the reliance on user credentials was the main authentication gap – whether a password, a security question or a one-time code. Those require static credentials that are deterministic; they are correct, or they are not – there is no grey area,” she said.
Bill Lummis, HackerOne’s technical program manager, noted there are more advanced methods available and should be implemented by Google.
“One-time Password (TOTP), which recycles numbers every 30-90 seconds on a physical device, or Universal 2nd Factor (U2F), such as Yubikey, given that attacks like this will only become easier to execute over time,” he said.
Ashlee Benge, threat researcher at ZeroFOX recommended using applications like Google Authenticator or Duo whenever possible to avoid SMS interception. If these are not available, a Google Voice number could also be used, she said.
The YouTube accounts hacked were primarily in the car tuning and car review areas, ZDNet said.
Google has not released a statement.

Source: scmagazine
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If the OP would like to respond, that would be great.  Else I will assume that they are no longer looking for assistance from this user forum.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes we are still looking for assistance. Everything Stade said is correct. My YouTube account is still hijacked and the hackers are attempting to sell it, there's nothing I can do about it. We're dealing with an indentity theft crime here.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Right-  so what happened to all that stuff about the Google Account also being hacked?  Seems that there is some odd stuff going on...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My brother told me he had a problem with accessing into his account and Google showed that password was changed 6 hours after we set a new password. So we thought Google account is hacked aswell. Then I heard my brother got into his Google account and I decided to delete my post about it to avoid false information. That's all. Maybe he typed it wrong or is there some other issues involved, why Google didn't logged in and why it showed wrong time. We are not experts so we don't know how hackers or Google system works exactly or what tools they have. That's why we are searching for help.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No, that's not an issue anymore. I have my channel back and all the strikes were removed. Thanks. You may close this thread now.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic