This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
YouTube Desktop Release Notes – February 2019 0 Recommended Answers 59 Replies 997 Upvotes
Last edited 3/7/19
Here’s a round up of product improvements and bug fixes from this month. Reminder: these are just desktop updates from the team responsible for the youtube.com desktop experience (though they don’t work on absolutely everything – for example other teams are responsible for YouTube Studio, monetization features, recommendations, etc.)
- On the channel page, we added a "▶" icon to the PLAY ALL buttons, which plays the videos in that section from left to right.
- We added icons for private and unlisted videos and playlists:
- The left hand guide wasn’t loading for some of you, so we fixed that. Thanks for all of your reports! [Community thread]
- Comments were not loading for a small number of people, so we fixed that!
- When using Safari, the scrollbar would sometimes appear while in full screen – so we fixed that!
- The “watch later” button was taking some people to the watch page instead of adding the video to the watch later playlist, so we fixed that!
- When navigating with your keyboard, menu items would be visited twice, so we fixed that! We also improved the contrast for metadata on the Search History page to make it easier to read.
We fixed a few different things related to playlists:
- When trying to drag a video down in a playlist, sometimes the page wouldn’t continue to scroll (making this task nearly impossible), so we fixed that!
- When you’re watching a video in a playlist and you trigger the miniplayer, you’d see a playlist icon but couldn’t click on that icon to get to the playlist, so we fixed that!
- We improved the error message that appears when a user tries to create a playlist with special characters, it’s now more specific so you know the exact characters that need to be changed!
This month, the team also focused on a lot of small (but mighty!) visual fixes to improve the design and polish up the user interface (UI).
- The text in the menu icon used to create videos and posts was not wide enough for some languages, so we fixed!
- We fixed multiple things related to colors and contrast. For example, scroll bars in dark theme were hard to see so we added more contrast to fix that. And certain icons were slightly mismatched, so we updated icon colors on channel pages, the subscriptions page, and for dark theme to make sure everything was consistent. We also removed a thin black line that was appearing at the top of some videos.
- If you ever see any weird (even small) inconsistencies, definitely send us feedback.
– TeamYouTube (on behalf of the YouTube Desktop Team)
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.