This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
New YouTube Homepage, fresh look and new features on desktop and tablets 2 Recommended Answers 3730 Replies 71382 Upvotes
Last edited 11/7/19
We’re excited to bring you the new YouTube homepage: an updated design with new features that start rolling out today across your desktop and tablet devices. You can expect to see a redesigned layout, higher resolution previews, an “add to queue” feature, and more – check out the full update on our blog and the summary below!
- More easily find the next great video to watch: this new look includes longer video titles, bigger thumbnails, and higher resolution previews, so you can see more information about each video at a glance. As part of the new design, you’ll notice a full page grid of suggested videos rather than rows of suggested videos by category. There will still be some horizontal sections for breaking news, music mixes and more.
- Recognize your favorite creators with channel icons: when browsing on Home, you’ll now see channel icons below each video, making it easier to recognize your favorite creators and the content you love. For creators – we hope this helps you get more visibility for your channel on the Homepage!
- Customize what to watch next with your queue: if you’re looking for a way to queue up the next video without interrupting what you’re currently watching, try out add to queue on desktop. You’ll see the queue button on every video thumbnail, or you can select “add to queue” from the three-dot menu (detailed instructions here). Note that your queue is temporary, so it won’t save after you’ve closed your browser. If you want to save videos to watch at a later time, you can still use the Watch Later playlist.
- Remove suggestions from channels you don’t want to watch: in fewer steps, you can tell YouTube to stop suggesting videos from a particular channel. Just tap the three-dot menu next to a video, then “Don’t recommend channel”. After that, you should no longer see video suggestions from that channel.
- Coming soon – select topics to refine your Homepage and Up Next videos: earlier this year, we added a new feature to the YouTube Android app that lets you select your favorite topics and customize your Home feed with related videos. We’ll be releasing it on desktop and tablets soon!
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the different designs during testing phases! Based on your input we made dozens of improvements to the layout and fixed several technical issues, most notably with thumbnail sizes on larger screens and devices. Continue to tell us what you think and what you’d like to see next in the comments below, or the official Feedback tool.
Hazel – Team YouTube
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.