/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Experiment: Testing out a new comment section on mobile
We want to make it easier for people watching videos to find comments in the YouTube app without having to scroll through “Up Next” videos, so we’re testing out a new comment section that appears directly below the video. The new section will show up to 3 comments, with an option to view all comments while you continue to watch the video – just like you can today. 

We’re still in the experimental phase with a small percentage of people to gather feedback, and the design may change over time.  Please let us know what you think via our official Feedback tool.

Here are some FAQs in case you have more questions: 

VIEWER FAQ
Q: Which comments will show up in this new comments section?
A: We consider a variety of viewer and creator signals, for example, how recently the comment was posted, or if the comment is pinned by a creator. This design may change over time based on your feedback, so let us know what you think via our official Feedback tool

Q: How do I view all comments?
A: If you’re a part of this experiment, you can tap anywhere in the new comments section to view and scroll through all comments, while you continue to watch the video.

CREATOR FAQ
Q: Will my pinned comments show in the new section?
A: If you have a pinned comment, it will show up in this section if it meets additional criteria. We consider a variety of viewer and creator signals that may prevent your pinned comment from showing, some examples include, if the comment contains a link, if it is more than 140 characters, or appears to be self-promotional. When a viewer taps to view all comments, pinned comments will continue to always show as the first comment.

Q: Do my current comment moderation settings still apply to the new comment section?
A: Yes! All comment moderation settings still apply to the new section, including blocked words and hide users. Learn more about how to manage and moderate your comments

Q: Will everyone watching my video see the new comment section?
A: No, only people in the experiment who are also watching your video will see this new comment section.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (244)
Relevant Answer
This is really time-saving, instead of just scrolling down till you see the comments. It would also be great if you add Oldest First on the filters.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This sucks. Change it back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
New comment section is horrible, most times I can't even open the section to comment and other times it kicks me out midsentence. I have found that if I am watching a video and I go to hit the comment section to open it it's a hit or miss thing with most times it not opening unless I get out of the video completely and go back in. That is provided that a commercial isn't playing because if it is I cannot access comments at all. It's very annoying to have to click in and out of a video just so I can access comments. When i use my back button i am taken out of comments while in a thread which is always been how i get out of a thread but stay in comments but not anymore. And if i am commenting midsentence and a commercial comes on i get kicked out of comment section. It's super annoying and pointless to keep it this way.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good idea, terrible realization, please change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I don  like
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Old comment section is better
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back or have an option to set it back to the old settings, it's an annoying feature that makes getting to the comments on mobile difficult especially for people with sight disabilities. I spent a good several minutes trying to find the button because of how small and inconspicuous it is and it is literally a hassle if I wanna just have the video up while reading comments. Add the option to revert back please.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back ASAP or I will stop using the app
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Apparently this just updated for me and it's awful.  The old system is leagues better.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change of back or make it optional
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I DONT lik
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back. I hate the fact that when I click to see replies on a comment and back out it takes me all the way back to the top of the comment section and I have to start all over scrolling.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I like to watch a video while also reading comments of that video. This feature makes me do one extra step to do so and it is kind of annoying. I get that this would make it easier to watch other videos but petsonally if I want to see other video recomended to me I would just do that in the home screen.

Please just change it back. Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back. Who's ever idea was this fire them.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I love the new comment section but I believe January 2nd 2020 it was changed back to the old way. Id rather have the new way back anyway to change it to  the new way again?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please changed it back!! This new way is not good..
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ugh yea this dus suck  change it back now or I’m reporting you guys  Because I want to Watch YouTube in peace without this leave my YouTube has nothing to do with this or my account
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back now or else I’m quitting YouTube
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
this is a terrible addition
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good idea👍
But it is not sow my mobile app
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
please change it back this is awful
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good in theory, awful in practice.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back! I hate this update
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
saishan love@.com
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hell nah, change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back. This is extremely annoying. Just admit the reason for this is to protect people who don't have sense enough to not read or ignore comments they don't like. Seems like the same reason you disabled the dislike button on comments. What's next? Getting rid of the like and dislike button from videos?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
People always complain about something new. In my opinion new comment section looks well. Btw will you intend to add a search to it?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back!!! This is terrible!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It was changed back.
Thank you Google.

Don't do this again.
It was horrible. 
Don't touch/update stuff that works perfectly and people are used to.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
new comments section is garbage. either remove it or make right.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The app isnt useable anymore!!!!
Please change this back(kick me out of the program at least)
Thank you
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Dear YouTube Staff,

Please change the comments section back to what they were before, and please stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

Sincerely,
Everyone
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Bruh pls, change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please roll the update back, this new comment section sucks monkey balls
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This new YouTube desktop mobile terrible. Lags constantly very unstable & comments is no longer there which is one of the reasons I loved YouTube. Google, if you own one of the most popular video sites, why ruin it for all its users? I shouldn't be forced to go on a computer just to comment on a video. The old YouTube mobile desktop interface was just fine aside from it constantly reminding me I was on desktop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Oh god I just got an update to my mobile app and it’s disgusting I hate this with a passion. I hate how it looks and functions, please give me back my scroll down past the up next. It didn’t annoying me or most people, at least not enough to where this garbage was the ideal next step.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why you keep trying to change it STOP
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back; this is stupid. How about instead of changing the comments we actually acknowledge that your system sucks ass, and needs some fixing. Stop being a cynical company, know that you’re going to get shit, and start ACTUALLY listening to the consumer. Oh, and quit sucking off your advertisers, and fix your piss poor “YouTubeKids”, maybe then people can say fuck without getting demonetized.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Liked it way better originally
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why do you keep going back and forth?! This is ridiculous! We want the old comment section back!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can we please have an option to opt out of these experiments? I'd much rather have the old format
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can we please get the old YouTube layout back!! It’s annoying having to click on that itty bitty comment section and then accidentally clicking out of it when you go through replies. Then you have the video recommendations at the bottom?! What the hell is going on with YouTube. This layout is so dumb and I’m annoyed 😑
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Using LG G4.
There is only like 10 pixels height to click to open the comment section, it is horrible and not user friendly please revert it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please, Google, i'm begging you, change it back. or at least let me pick the layout i prefer. the new one is really awful.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
New comment section is trash
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please give us the old comment section back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Bro, change it the fuck back. I don't like this new layout thing. While you're at it, terminate that reminder to "keep comments polite and respectful"
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back!!!! WHY ARE YOU DESTROYING YOUTUBE?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
"Time saver?" "Easier to find?" This is just insulting. Obviously someone likes it but the ones who don't like need the possibility to change it back, to *normal*. All I needed before was just scrolling down and read, now I need to click on the comment section and then scroll down. Also, the interface looses continuity, it divides everything in three categories while before if felt more cohesive. CHANGE IT BACK, don't force us your experiments
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back please it’s very annoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back to how it was. It’s more enjoyable just to scroll down and see the comments instead of having to click on something. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK! Or give an option to people that prefer the old comment section set up.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I can totally see why this was made. Some people probably would prefer this, but I, personally, liked the old version. Maybe there can be a setting on how exactly you view comments? So that everyone can have their way. It's a good idea, but it's not for me. Thank you!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back!!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I don't like the new comment section I keep scrolling past it, and it's more hassle to read others thoughts because I have to press on it. Please change it back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good idea, terrible execution, it's really awkward to use.
It would be better if there were a tab like section for going between up next and comments at the top.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
At least give us an option I didn't even updated youtube and comments section moved why?? You can add in settings where we want comments I don't use youtube for comment all time
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Absolutely horrible. Give us an option to change it back ASAP. Unbearable.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I do like how I can read comments after I download the video, but I do not like the comments section changes.

Before, I can just simply scroll down past the very few suggested videos and then the rest of the page is just comments. Now, I have to specifically open up the comments section. 

The problem is when you open up the replies to a comment, it opens a new window instead of just expanding it. When you want to return to the comments, if you hit the x button it collapses the ENTIRE comments section and you have to reopen the comments and scroll back down to where you were. 

Now, you have to click a new “back” arrow on the opposite side to collapse the thread. Very annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I hate this change. I don’t like how large the recommended videos are and I get the same few videos recommended. The video tiles are too big so I don’t get the variety of options as before because only 5 videos can fit in that space. That’s annoying and I like to just be able to scroll down and immediately see comments. This isn’t it and I think this would better for kids  youtube channels.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This sucks change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It sucks. Change it back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ok, it's happened and I'm fine with it. I also love that YouTube now keeps playing in the background, like, say when you go to WhatsApp. Window shrinks and keeps on rolling. Brilliant!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It's terrible
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is horrible!  If I like a comment the entire page freezes and to get it back (tapping n the screen does nothing) I have to refresh the page which starts the whole video al over again.  CHANGE IT BACK!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Dear Youtube(Team, developers)
I understand that company spent time and money to make this change and you are not going to remove it. But i am asking that me (as a user of this app) had an option for comment s. positions. 
Yes it is near video and you have more space for recommended video. But you made comment s. so small that it is harder to notice it or tap it(and it has arrows which do nothing). I used this app from age off 14+ and i really got used to layout. And i always ended up by scrolling fully down the video to see "go up to c. s" because my brain tells me that c. s. is in the bottom. After mounth of this update i can only describe one feeling "being annoyed" 
Thanks for your attention
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Terribly annoying. Change it back it’s affecting one of the most important parts of the YouTube experience. IThe comment section isn’t as accessible, and it severely affects my enjoyment of the app.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Really don't like this
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Its a good idea. But please remove the option to directly write a comment, just show one or two comments and when you tap on the section your taking directly to comments. The option of directly writing a comment makes it hard to hit the button around which does opens comments directly
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please have an option for both now. I loved this change and it made it so much easier to get to the comments. The option would be nice, thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please stop this. 
I fricking hate this. 
How do I change this?
This should be optional.
Why are you doing this?
I think I'm going insane.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I actually think imma stop using or deleting YouTube now. Please stop this or change this for me. 😭😭😭😭
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I don’t like it, please change it back to the old style
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
eeu ququero te mmeu cancanal
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
How do I change it back? They should have an option for this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back or at least make an option to change it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This change has not made it "easier for people watching videos to find comments in the YouTube app without having to scroll through “Up Next” videos", it has made it more difficult to find the comments. It also makes it more difficult and less intuitive to interact with the comments. It wasn't that difficult to scroll past the recommended videos to the comments under the old system. This new way reduces the user experience. But it does allow YouTube to make endless recommendations.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
N.R.8821 is right, there was nothing wrong with the old way, if you couldn't be bothered to swipe your finger once or twice to find comments you were curious to read then you just weren't curious after all. If you want comments to be the highlight after the video, then make them the highlight and give them the proper space and put the videos last.

Standard Google in the 2010's (started earlier but that's a good place to start) and beyond apparently...create problems where there aren't any, over-complicate any simple solutions, try to make desktop sites look like garbage mobile versions (are you and MS sleeping together? Win8 through 10 are a great lesson in how not to update your UI), remove useful features like time stamps in call logs and comment sections, add oversized advertisements where there once weren't any especially if it eats up mobile screen space (GMaps once had a nice, simple, effective interface...now it's just a busy mess, retrace the evolution of that software, you'll see it), and the list just goes on and on.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It is a nice feature, just wish it was bigger, would always display pinned comments unless they are longer, and that this is just another option, and the comments are also below the up next, or there is a setting to easily change between the two
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I agree I don't like the change to comment section under videos
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please Change It Back..
Youtube has been around for almost over 15 years and now all of the sudden you decide to move things around? I believe change is good..but not this. It is awkward and unnecessary. Though some think its a faster/lazier way of finding comments, you have to take an extra step in entering and leaving the comments and I see more problems with than just scrolling down. If you think about it, people already have to scroll down to look at “Suggested Videos”. There is no point.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
WHY THE HELL THEY KEEP CHANGING THE  COMMENT SECTION FOR US? MY COMMENT SECTION CHANGES EVERY FEW DAYS.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back or make it optional
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
WHERE  AAREEEE THE COMMENTSS  I THINK IT IS  DISAABLED
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
They have been moved back to the bottom.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I like the new comment section, it's time saver. For those who don't want it, I can suggest to Google to insert an option inside settings to select the new comment section, or to revert to old one.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back. We hated it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back I beg you. I keep scrolling all the way down for comments . It is making the app unusable for me please make a option to change it please
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@jordan:

How bout a way to TURN ON and TURN OFF comments for the Channel owner, instead of Youtube "deciding" when to turn off comments, and then saying that they did that to "protect" minors on Youtube?  If someone finds a problem, then turn it off because of the bad people, but give the power back to the channel owners please?

Brian
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi
But I want to try.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I like the idea, but it seems others don’t. So if this does end up being a feature Please just make an option in the setting so you can turn this on and off. And yes I was one of the small percentage that got it. It took about a day to get used to, but other then that it’s an amazing feature and you should keep it in the app. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Live stream kasa kara
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change back please...please...please
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Pls change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please we want you to change it back...we want to watch all videos
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
THIS DOESN'T WORK! IM NOT GETTING THE RELATED VIDEOS, I just get the full comment section.....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
before it took 2 seconds to scroll down to the comments and you could easily find a video you would like,but now you need to get out of the video youre watching if you want to watch another.

please remove the new one and bring the old one 
back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please change it back, because if we want see the next episode, we must back to main menu, the old just only click the next episode or the related video.
I vote change back, the new one is not efficiency for our see the next episode or related video.
The new one is bad
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Under the video I am watching, there is no section with other videos!!! So my screen looks like only video I'm watching and comments for that video!!! FIX IT!!!!!!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same for me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Plz change it back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My up next videos completely vanished, please change it back 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I can see the comments but the recommended videos completely disappeared. Change it back!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back the up next video completely disappear
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Change it back I can't watch any videos on YouTube. Seriously whenever I open YouTube it is just a blank screen that I can scroll down and up, click on videos that dont play and watch Error 404. Please change it back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is trash change it back
marked this as an answer