/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
2/4/19
[YouTube Recommendations] Ask us anything! YouTube Team will be here Friday February 8th. 13 Recommended Answers 211 Replies 2846 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 2/4/19
We’re excited to share a unique opportunity with you. The team working on YouTube recommendations would like to hear questions and feedback about your experience and in return, they’ll share their knowledge with you.

Who is the YouTube recommendations team?
The YouTube recommendations team is responsible for the recommendations you see on your Home feed, in the Up Next list of suggested videos, and for YouTube Mixes, which provides endless playlists personalized for you. Several Product Managers from the team will be here to answer your questions.

Here are some potential questions you could ask the team:
  • I’ve recently created a channel and have been uploading videos for months. I’ve had good growth in views in the beginning but now it looks like YouTube is recommending my content less. What is changing with the algorithm?
  • I keep on pressing not interested, but similar videos continue to show up on my Home feed.  Is there anything else I can be doing to fine tune my recommendations?
  • Why do my Up Next suggested videos have so many videos that are not related to the video I’m watching?

Starting today: you can submit your questions and feedback related to recommendations using the comments below and on Friday February 8th at 9:30am PST, our YouTube recommendations team will be here answering as many questions as possible – right here on this thread.

Please mind! The team will only be addressing questions related to recommendations on YouTube in relation to the Home page, Up Next suggestions in autoplay, and YouTube Mixes. Questions around search, subscriptions, trending, notifications, among other non-recommendations related questions will not be addressed because this team only works on recommendations and are not in a position to answer questions in other areas. As such, we will be removing any non-recommendations, off-topic questions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Felicitas
Community Manager, TeamYouTube
All Replies (211)
2/4/19
I have a question...
Last edited 2/6/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/4/19
 A lot of the videos you recommend are really not very professional.  The people in them ramble and are self-indulgent and don't really know what is important and what isn't.  They love themselves very much. They also do a lot of what engineers do which is  they say you but the thing in the thing that is near the other thing, which does not help the rest of us.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/5/19
It would be great with an "in player" like button, for videos embedded on other sites such as Reddit or Facebook, so I don't have to go to another page to like a video.
Last edited 2/7/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/5/19
I’m new at this so I’ll never know If u ever see this  but i have a big problem with my iPhone and YouTube videos  used to be ok but in about month or so  all videos icon show up but when push play it goes right to the  my choice and it looks like it’s going to open but it never does THAT wheel never stops turning.its making me  blind looking at it.i hope somebody with a little bit of brains and guts to help sees this .Ive tried my IP many times,I’ve gone to my computer xpert but no luck ,I subscribe to IT Maple that’s supposed to be internet and iPhone, YouTube and all around expert and him and I spender hours on line , hours on my landline he tells me to do this and that and after 2-3 hours  on the ph  for 3 days ,Surprise ,THAT wheel’s still turning
Help,help,help         Zepleozy@gmail.com
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/8/19
Thank You Team But Please Can You Explain me How Type Video Matirial I have To Upload Now To Consider of Youtube Ne Algorithm 
Please Revert me Back And Suggest me 

Thank You
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic