- I’ve recently created a channel and have been uploading videos for months. I’ve had good growth in views in the beginning but now it looks like YouTube is recommending my content less. What is changing with the algorithm?
- I keep on pressing not interested, but similar videos continue to show up on my Home feed. Is there anything else I can be doing to fine tune my recommendations?
- Why do my Up Next suggested videos have so many videos that are not related to the video I’m watching?
- You may want to consider these tactics to increase traffic for Suggested.
- At the end of your videos, make strong calls-to-action to encourage the viewer to watch another video in your series.
- Avoid overlong endings that delay viewers from watching more.
- Consider using playlists, links, cards and end-screens to promote another video.
- Develop a series or show of videos that are organically connected.
- Check out our Creator Academy course for more tips!
We care about helping new creators get started and continue to invest in improvements to ensure new creators get a fair chance in recommendations. We’ve also been expanding our creator on the rise program, and recently added Gaming Creators on the Rise to our Trending tab.
As for getting better recommendations yourself, here are some tips you might try to help our systems understand what sorts of videos you actually enjoy. Also be sure that any third party extensions are turned off or whitelisted for YouTube, as they may interfere with your personalized recommendations.
We found the following personal information in your message:
This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.