/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
1/29/19
đźš©Announcement: Removing Google+ features from YouTube 0 Recommended Answers 109 Replies 2618 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 2/14/19
Please note, your existing YouTube channel, videos, playlists and comments are not affected by this change, unless explicitly outlined below. Brand accounts will continue to exist without Google+ so you can continue to use them with other Google products such as YouTube channels. YouTube verification badges from G+ verification are not impacted by this deprecation. 

Announcement: 
In December, we announced that we’d be sunsetting the consumer version of Google+ and its APIs due to the significant challenges involved in maintaining a successful product that meets consumers’ expectations, as well as the platform’s low usage. This means various YouTube features that rely on Google+ will start becoming unavailable over the next few weeks.

Here’s a full list of YouTube features that will no longer be supported and their alternatives:

Editing channel banner and channel image on mobile
  • What’s changing: Previously, you could update your channel avatar and banner from the mobile app in channel settings. This feature was built on an older system connected to G+ that will no longer work. We’re looking into whether we can rebuild this functionality in the future.
  • What to use instead: You can update your channel images on desktop. Learn more here. Alternatively, you can change your profile photos only on your mobile web browser at aboutme.google.com and myaccount.google.com

Video Privacy Settings via Google+ circles
  • What’s changing: Videos that were previously shared privately with a Google+ circle will no longer be available to view by members of the circle. These circles will no longer work and will be removed from the list of people with access to the video. Your video will remain a private video.
  • What to use instead: You can still set your video to Private and grant access to individual people. Learn more about available video privacy settings here. Note: YouTube Studio beta does not yet have private video sharing, but we’re working on adding this soon.

G+ links on YouTube Channels
  • What’s changing: We will no longer support linking to a G+ page in a channel’s “About” tab and on the channel banner. These links will be removed from your YouTube channel.
  • What to use instead: You can still add other social media links to your channel banner and “About” tab. Learn more here.

Comment on outdated versions of the YouTube app
  • What’s changing: On mobile app versions older than September 2016, you’ll no longer be able to read or comment on YouTube videos since commenting on these versions relied on Google+. Going forward, you’ll see a message to update your app or try connecting through our mobile website.
  • What to use instead: You can read or post comments by updating your app or through https://m.youtube.com

Hope this heads up is helpful,
Jordan (TeamYouTube)
All Replies (109)
2/2/19
So even though my Youtube channel was created through google+, I won’t lose my liked videos/favourites/playlists?
Last edited 2/5/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/2/19
any people cannot see
my videos
Last edited 2/2/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/2/19
liv: the shutdown of Google+ will not affect your YouTube video uploads, likes or playlists. If you aren't using Google+ to post on Google+ you probably won't notice the change.
Last edited 2/9/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/2/19
thanks for the info!
Last edited 2/5/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/5/19
Can you still comment on the desktop version of YouTube
Last edited 2/6/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/7/19
Desiree Lee: yes, you can continue to comment using the desktop version of YouTube at www.youtube.com  
Last edited 2/9/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/8/19
Hi please help I am trying to load my dashboard and analytics page and it just hangs it says it is uploading but it never does? Please help me I have to work on my channel, thanks Barret
Last edited 2/9/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/8/19
You won’t lose any thing only google+ directs won’t be there
Last edited 2/10/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/8/19
Sir this not open your youtube app  any problems plz. Sir replay
Last edited 2/10/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
6/2/19
I Am glad this is not affecting Anyone on YouTube who had their channel linked to google plus
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic