This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
🚩Announcement: Removing Google+ features from YouTube 0 Recommended Answers 109 Replies 2611 Upvotes
Last edited 2/14/19
Please note, your existing YouTube channel, videos, playlists and comments are not affected by this change, unless explicitly outlined below. Brand accounts will continue to exist without Google+ so you can continue to use them with other Google products such as YouTube channels. YouTube verification badges from G+ verification are not impacted by this deprecation.
In December, we announced that we’d be sunsetting the consumer version of Google+ and its APIs due to the significant challenges involved in maintaining a successful product that meets consumers’ expectations, as well as the platform’s low usage. This means various YouTube features that rely on Google+ will start becoming unavailable over the next few weeks.
Here’s a full list of YouTube features that will no longer be supported and their alternatives:
Editing channel banner and channel image on mobile
- What’s changing: Previously, you could update your channel avatar and banner from the mobile app in channel settings. This feature was built on an older system connected to G+ that will no longer work. We’re looking into whether we can rebuild this functionality in the future.
Video Privacy Settings via Google+ circles
- What’s changing: Videos that were previously shared privately with a Google+ circle will no longer be available to view by members of the circle. These circles will no longer work and will be removed from the list of people with access to the video. Your video will remain a private video.
- What to use instead: You can still set your video to Private and grant access to individual people. Learn more about available video privacy settings here. Note: YouTube Studio beta does not yet have private video sharing, but we’re working on adding this soon.
G+ links on YouTube Channels
- What’s changing: We will no longer support linking to a G+ page in a channel’s “About” tab and on the channel banner. These links will be removed from your YouTube channel.
- What to use instead: You can still add other social media links to your channel banner and “About” tab. Learn more here.
Comment on outdated versions of the YouTube app
- What’s changing: On mobile app versions older than September 2016, you’ll no longer be able to read or comment on YouTube videos since commenting on these versions relied on Google+. Going forward, you’ll see a message to update your app or try connecting through our mobile website.
Hope this heads up is helpful,
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.