This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
YouTube Desktop Release Notes – January 2019 0 Recommended Answers 55 Replies 1042 Upvotes
Last edited 1/29/19
Here’s a round up of product improvements and bug fixes from this month. Reminder: these are just desktop updates from the team responsible for the youtube.com desktop experience (though they don’t work on absolutely everything – for example other teams are responsible for YouTube Studio, monetization features, recommendations, etc.)
Thanks to your feedback, we’ve added an “Analytics” button for Creators when they’re viewing their own video pages (shows up next to “Edit Video”). This way, creators can jump immediately to their video analytics in YouTube Studio.
- The theatre mode button disappeared for some people – that was not intentional, so we fixed that! [Community thread]
- The space bar keyboard shortcut was no longer pausing videos on Firefox – we so fixed that! [Community thread]
- Certain Turkish special characters (such as "İ") were not visible – so we fixed that!
- There were some color inconsistencies (different shades of gray) for like, dislike, share, and save buttons on video pages – so we fixed that!
- The account menu page (https://www.youtube.com/account) was crashing for some people – so we fixed that!
- Miniplayer updates: some video ads would make the Miniplayer hard to close, fixed that. We also made the transition to Miniplayer more smooth and improved the loading animation.
- The keyboard shortcut pop-up wasn’t opening correctly for non QWERTY keyboards – so we fixed this and it now opens when you hit CMD + / on all keyboard layouts.
- Screen readers weren’t announcing if the Guide menu was open or closed, nor were they correctly announcing punctuation in the Keyboard Shortcut menu – so we fixed that!
- Sometimes scroll would not respond when using the “Tab” keyboard shortcut to navigate through the UI – so we fixed that!
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.