/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Old Channel Suspended Under Dubious Means
Alright, strap yourselves in, this is gonna be a long one.

My old channel URL is youtube.com/damianskyfire

Now then. About 6 weeks ago, my channel was suspended with no prior warning. It was fine that morning when I checked Youtube Studio and then that afternoon, had an email saying my channel was gone. So, I appealed it because I hadn't had three strikes and while I got a second strike that day, I took exception to that too, since that and my first strike were completely nonsense given the people I made those videos on were an anti-LGBT bigot and a woman who defended a pedophile. 

Anyway, I appealed it with no luck. I hit up TeamYoutube for all the good they do, no luck again. I highly doubt anyone human reviewed my channel and Team Youtube refused to allow me to provide my side of the story. 

Now, I say my side of the story because the reason my channel got terminated was the result of a user who has spent the last four years harassing me directly messaging Team Youtube with out of context screenshots and videos.

So, essentially, what happened was this:

*My channel was shut down with no warning.
*I had not had three strikes, and I had not violated Youtube's policies.
*My channel was basically invaded and terminated because of a malicious user who has spent four years stalking and harassing myself and my friends. His reason for this was that he came onto my channel complaining about a 20 second video I made telling him off for defending repulsive things which barely featured me at all and I refused to accept the threat of "remove this or I'll keep bothering you." So in essence, I got threatened into a channel termination because of this guy's malicious nonsense.
*I was not approached by anyone from Team Youtube asking for my side of the story.
*I was not given the opportunity to remove any potentially offensive videos from the platform rather than getting my channel terminated with no prior warning.

Now, my channel was here for 7 years. Prior to this year, I had never had any warnings about my content, any privacy takedowns or whathaveyou. It's only happened this year. I've made rant videos on a variety of subjects over the past 7 years, on a variety of people. Now while I'll admit my language is a bit strong and I can be very critical of people, I feel it's justified based on the actions of the people I've made them on. As I say, my takedown was not the result of anyone reporting my videos via the standard means. It was done via a malicious user via Twitter out of pure spite.

I would like someone human to review my case and get back to me because I feel my channel wasn't taken down in a legitimate way, and I feel like I wasn't given a fair go. Now, if my content is deemed unsuitable, I'm more than happy to have the offending content taken down and get my channel back, as if I'm honest, I'm more concerned about the fact a channel I spent a lot of time and effort on, especially with 7 years and 1100 subscribers than a few videos I can easily redo in a more diplomatic way. 

I hope you can see where I'm coming from. Thank you.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (26)
I am not a Google or YouTube employee - Product Experts are volunteers
Relevant Answer
A few points of context:

1. Certain severe violations can result in channel suspension without warning or full three strikes, so there is no point in trying to defend yourself with "I didn't get any warning first." The only question that matters in the eyes of the reviewers is: did you violate the community guidelines?
  2. It looks like the suspension is for harassment/bullying. In your post, you mention that you disagree with the strike because of who the videos were targeted against. But this is not an effective defense. Harassment doesn't become OK if you think it is justified because of the targeted person's perceived bad behavior.
You're providing extremely vague descriptions of your channel content and about this "Twitter user", so there isn't really much that can be escalated here.

I will note that you cannot escalate with a shortcut URL. You need to use a /channel/ URL. It seems your channel URL is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8yfNU-sfWc1REtckXK6cbA

Please answer the following:

Did you write any comments? What was the content and frequency of the comments? Be very specific about if you wrote any comments that could be considered bullying/harassment.

Did you ever post any videos? If so, what kind of videos did you post? Be very specific about the content.

Please provide the following:

1. A screenshot or copy and paste of the original suspension email,
  2. A screenshot of the rejected appeal
  3. A screenshot of any previous strike/warning email. Please provide specific description of these videos.
Please ensure that you are blocking out or removing any personal information (such as your email address) from any comment or screenshots you post. If you do not remove personal information, then your comment or thread may be DELETED to protect your privacy.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No comments, nothing to that effect. I made rant videos on a variety of people and subjects. I don't feel they constitute "harassment" or "bullying" because as I say- 7 years and no warnings. 

The user I speak of used to go by the name "MindOutofSync," he now has two accounts, one under the name Monotypical, another under the name of "Violet's Burner Account." He's got a couple of videos up under a channel called "Damian Skyfire Hate Club" where he posted video game depictions of him "killing me." As I say, he reported me on Twitter out of spite.

In order, these screenshots are
*The "privacy violation" of my video about MindOutofSync
*My channel being shut down, along with the rejected suspension appeal.
*The second video removed wherein I respond to a user who called me out for making a video on a pedophile. (I can't find an email for the first one, which was a response to a user who called me a "sicko" for supporting abortion.

Now then  as I say- I'm more than happy to have my videos wiped out if it gets me my channel back. I'm just not happy with having seven years of work erased because some psycho with a vendetta went crying to Team YouTube on twitter.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
And I'll put the other screenshots here because I wasn't aware there was a limit...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am a regular content creator on youtube.a few days ago,my YouTube channel was suspended due to copyright strikes.but i made video according to"fair use"policy. I know very well about youtube fair use.all copyright strike were fake.i do not understand what mistake i have made.Please check out my youtube channel again and give me back my channel

Channel Link:
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Unfortunately, the only analysis is: did the videos violate the community guidelines. If they did, the channel will remain suspended. You don't have the option of, "just let me delete the videos and unsuspend the channel.)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Either way, my point stands- how is it fair that my channel is terminated because some creepy little stalker decides to go crying to Team YouTube? Is that how I should do things whenever someone says something I don't like? Threaten them to delete a four year old video then get their channel invaded?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Well, since you are very vague about your video content, I think you implicitly probably acknowledge that being more specific about your video content would be incriminating. At best, you simply eitherthink that you are justified and that the recipients of your criticism should simply accept it or you just have a disagreement about how far should count as harassment.

Even now, you call them "creepy little stalker" and so on, when it seems like you made a video first about them.

Anyway, I created an escalation. There probably will be no details provided, just a determination of if the channel will be reinstated or remain suspended.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes,  because answering all of your questions with what you asked for is "vague."

And if you bothered checking this guys channels I named, you'd see he's a stalker, and I'm pretty sure following myself and my friends around on our social media accounts under multiple different names constitutes stalking. Plus the video from four years ago is a response to him sending a death threat to another user and defending bestiality, but hey. Whatever.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When I asked you to be very specific about the videos you created, you said:

I made rant videos on a variety of people and subjects.

If you think this is being specific, then I don't know what to say.

At this point, I have no interest in checking out anyone else's channel. They are not the one trying to be escalated and you have not at any point suggested that you were going to report them for violating any community guidelines.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If anything sums up YouTube's contempt for its own users, this thread is a good example.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic