/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
My channel was mistakenly rejected for monetization 0 Recommended Answers 11 Replies 15 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
I just reapplied for monetization and was rejected on the grounds that some of my videos go against the content policy, however they actually don't and are allowed.
Some of my videos are abridges of an anime (not the videos i was planning to monetize), where the audio was removed and then re-recorded by myself and friends, we rewrote the plot and dialogue from scratch and worked very hard.
in the "Do" field on the monetization page, these are approved under the:
  • A funny or thoughtful revision of content that you didn't originally create
  • A scene from a movie where you've rewritten the dialogue and changed the voiceover
  • Edited footage from other creators where you add a storyline or commentary
Not only this, but the videos also legally fall under the category of fair use. I'll assume that whoever approved the application didn't check them out properly and assumed i'd just uploaded the original episodes.
i won't be deleting these videos just to gain monetization as they don't break any of the rules, and fall under the approved guidelines, so what else can i do?
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (11)
Relevant Answer
For your kind of video, monetization is possible, but definitely not a sure thing. I would say the chances of getting monetization approved are low. This is because
  1. almost all the visuals would be 'reused content' (though the audio and editing is original)
  2. monetizing the videos will weaken your fair use claim
  3. the characters are trademarked, so there are also trademark rights to consider (you don't have the commercial rights to make money from those characters)
  4. fair use exemptions in Japanese copyright law are very specific and they do not cover the use of your video
  5. copyright law in Japan also contains a 'moral rights' clause that authors can use to protect the integrity of the work (that means the work cannot be chopped up, remixed and/or reinterpreted--which is exactly what you are doing). 
You can of course reapply but you seem to think monetization should be a sure thing. However, you need to accept that there are a lot of legal issues concerning your use of the work. 

In terms of fair use, you are thinking of American copyright law. American copyright applies to the US; it is not an international law. As you are using material from Japan and broadcasting it back into Japan, you shouldn't completely disregard Japanese copyright law.     

I guess you also haven't considered the trademark issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Monetization on my YouTube channel
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
no no i'm not trying to monetize those videos, i'm moving into a different series of videos and i want to monetize those. the abridged videos are there to show how we started since that's how our audience first found the channel so we don't want to delete them for that and sentemental reasons.
i want to monetize the new videos we'll be making, but whoever reviewed the application thought that we wanted to monetize them all, when we don't want to monetize the older ones
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
That would have been OK a few years ago (before the new monetization policy)
Now, it is expected that all videos on the channel are OK for monetization (otherwise people will build up their watch hours and subs with ineligible content).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please Mera channel ko monitize Kar do please 😭😭😭😭
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
well either way those videos still fall under categories of videos that are allowed on monetized channels, all that's happened is they didn't bother checking that the videos are original content rather than uploading existing episodes
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
the videos have already have copyright claims against them dismissed as it was decided that i was within my rights to make them under fair use law, so as long as i'm not going to monetize them there's nothing wrong with it or that anyone can do about it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
مساء الخير
ممكن تساعدوني وتعرفوني بالفديوات الي لازم احذفها حتى قناتي بتحقيق الربح مع الشكر الجزيل
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
" all that's happened is they didn't bother checking that the videos are original content rather than uploading existing episodes"
If you feel that is the case, just reapply. It is your channel (and your time) 
However, I have already listed five issues (and unless you actually went to court, a dropped copyright claim is not proof of fair use--the company may have simply felt it was not worth the time and effort to pursue the case further)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Long not just time and effort but cost.

jack k 5499 claims or take downs? They are different things.

There is no such thing as "fair use law" in the sense you are tying to use it. Fair use is a convention in the US, it has different names in different countries sand what protections you have also change depending on country. In my country for example there is specific protections written into copyright law for the comedic and parody use of material. This means for a successful removal the take down issuer would ahve to take me to court in my country however they could apply a geo block so only people in my country could watch it using a content ID claim. Outside of that there is the fair dealings convention and that is for personal use only, and so uploading it to a global streaming service like YT would not count.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Mere channel ko monetize kar do plz
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic