/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Easily change your YouTube channel name and profile picture
Hi everyone! You’ve let us know that you’d like to keep your YouTube name separate from your Google account name -- that's why, I’m really excited to announce that you can now change your YouTube channel name and profile picture to be more reflective of the content you create, without updating the name/picture associated with your Google account! Note: this is rolling out to all channels over the coming days so if you're not able to do it quite yet, stay tuned as you will be able to very soon! Check out this video for more details.

As a reminder, our Community Guidelines apply to all types of content on YouTube, including your channel name and profile picture.

Important note to creators with a verification badge: If you change your YouTube channel name, you will lose your verification badge and need to reapply (It may take several weeks for your channel to be re-verified). Why? When someone changes their channel name, we need to re-check that the channel still represents the real creator, brand, or entity it claims to be. More on eligibility here

Note: there will be no impact to your custom URL or Official Channel Music Note if you change your name.

Check out the FAQs below and feel free to leave any additional questions or feedback in the comments.

Q: How do I know if I have a YouTube channel?
Your channel is your public presence on YouTube from which you can upload videos, leave comments, make playlists, and more.

Q: How do I change my channel name/profile picture?
You can change your channel name and/or picture by going to your profile picture in the top right corner and tapping on ‘Your channel.’ Full instructions here.

Note: When you change your YouTube channel name, it will change across old comments, posts, etc. It may take a few days for your updated name to display across YouTube.

Q: What is the criteria for uploading a new profile picture?
  • It will need to be a JPEG, GIF, BMP, or PNG file -- it cannot be an animated gif. 
  • Our recommended image size would be 800 x 800 pixels (minimum of 98 x 98 pixels)
  • The maximum file size is 4 megabytes.

Q: What’s the difference between my Google name and YouTube channel name? 
Up until today, these two were the same. If you changed your name on YouTube, it would update on your Google account (across all Google services) and vice versa.

Moving forward, you can make changes to your Google account name and picture here (with no changes made to your YouTube channel name).

If you change your YouTube channel name and profile picture, it will only be visible on YouTube now. Note: all your activity will still be stored to your Google account. Your Google Account is always your primary account; the YouTube name is only your public persona on YouTube.

Q: Are there rules on what a name can or can't be?
Channel names and profile pictures that harm our users, our community, our employees, or our ecosystem are not allowed on YouTube. If you choose a name or profile picture that violates our Community Guidelines, your channel may receive a strike, or in more serious cases, be terminated.

If you come across a channel name that you believe violates YouTube’s policies, you can report it by following these steps.

We look forward to seeing your creativity come out in channel names and profile pictures. Stay tuned for more exciting updates over the coming months! 

- Sarah, TeamYouTube
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (75)
"May you always do for others, and let others do for you" ~Bob Dylan
Relevant Answer
Thank you again.  :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks you
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ok I am fine
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please remove copyright strick 😭😭😭😭🙏
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Let you know? We have said this since you forced the Google+ on us many years ago, to the point a lot of us gave false names on the plus pages so as not to change our channel names. Does that mean in around 10 years you will realise the mistake of the "right to monetise" change you made recently? If so atleast we can put an expirey date on that atrocious change.

Lady I understand your saying it but it is something they should not be thanked for. As it is you I am keeping my comment clean, and that is the only reason, as I know you of old and so I know you can never be called a brown nose due to seeing you express yourself when you disagreed with what YT did.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Channel erng sport help
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please don't no copyright claim
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No views
Please like and subscriber
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Subscribe please my chenel
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Where are the videos
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic