/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Testing new designs for the like and dislike buttons 0 Recommended Answers 529 Replies 3857 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
We’ll be experimenting, with a small group of users, a few potential designs for the like and dislike buttons that appear below YouTube videos.

Viewer feedback has always been, and will continue to be, an important part of YouTube. But we've heard from creators that the public dislike counts can impact their wellbeing, and may motivate a targeted campaign of dislikes on a creator’s video. So, we're testing designs that don’t include the visible like or dislike count in an effort to balance improving the creator experience, while still making sure viewer feedback is accounted for and shared with the creator. 

One of the potential designs for the dislike button that doesn’t include a visible dislike count.  

Creators, you'll still be able to see the exact number of likes and dislikes in YouTube Studio. For viewers, if you're in the experiment, you can still like or dislike a video to share feedback with creators and help tune the recommendations you see on YouTube.

We know you may have some questions about how this is going to work, so here’s some more info: 

FAQs: 

If I’m in this experiment, can I opt out? 
Currently, there's no way to opt out of this experiment. If you have feedback about the new designs, you can share your thoughts in the replies on this post or through the steps here. We’ll be monitoring feedback closely to help us determine if, when, and how to release designs like this more broadly.

Are you removing the dislike button? 
No, we’re just experimenting with a few designs that don’t show the dislike counts. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the feedback from these experiments to determine what decisions we may want to make in the future.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments in the replies below. We’ll be monitoring all of your feedback closely as we start to test these new designs.

Jensen (TeamYouTube)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (529)
Relevant Answer
There is no point in removing a dislike counter. If creator cannot handle criticism, he/she should not present anything to society at all.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is good you all shouldve implemented this a long time ago
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I understand why you would want to do that but i think it is an horrible idea, for example lets say i want to know how to take out the engine of my bike and i come across a video that i cant see the dislike button ( or amount of disliks) . Then i would have to go all the way to the comments to find out if it's a legitimate video with good direction. What is the point of improving creator experience if the viewers experience drops. I think it is good to see dislike vs like ratio. if the creator is being negatively affected it is because they should be negatively affected by it. People will not dislike a video for no reason. If i could give an idea or a proposal it would be to have a block pop up when you click the dislike button that says.. Are you sure you want to dislike the video? That would help cause sometimes you accidentally click the dislike button.  Only my opinion tho.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why? Just leave it be
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
whats the point if there is already a feature to hide it. plus, we should be able to see them on scam videos so its easier to spot out if its a scam
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
With a view were tabs the dislike button make an option available to post a reason why to the creator of the video for example they use explicit language or to political or didn’t follow through just some examples for why the dislike was pressed so the creator has some idea of why they’re not being liked!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This will do more harm than good. If some creators on YouTube can’t take criticism don’t punish the rest of us because there ego is to fragile. I understand that it can harm the well-being of the creator and this still won’t help because you can still see your likes and dislikes on YouTube Studio. If the creator is getting a ton of dislikes than they most likely deserve it, because most people don’t just dislike to be Dick’s Sporting Goods. Going back to what I said on the first sentence this will do more harm than good. Let’s say for an example little Timmy clicks on “HOW TO GET FREE V-ROBUX 2022! (WORKING!!!) (NEW!!!) (FREE!!)” and he sees that the dislikes are a lot higher than the likes this shows that it’s fake, but now let’s assume little Brenda clicks on “WORKING SCA- V-BUCKS GLITCH!!!” then she looks at the likes and dislikes and they are not shown. What do you think is going to happen? Right. She will enter her account login details and bye little Brenda. Change this now there’s no need for this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Completely unnecessary. If I watch a video over how to repair something, I use the dislike counter to determine if a person knows what they are actually talking or wasting my time., or worse cause me to break it worse.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is not it. There is a reason to have a like and dislike button. Seeing a like and dislike ratio on a video can help the viewers to see if the video is potentially misleading or any thing that the viewer may not like about the video. Having this feature can definitely mislead viewers into thinking that what they are watching is valid evidence on what the viewer is searching. If the creator puts out a video that is not good then that is on the creator not the viewers to have that many dislikes.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Nice video
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic