/youtube/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
New “Checks” Step in the Upload Flow on Desktop
Hey Creators! Today we're rolling out a new step in the upload process on Studio desktop called "Checks" – which will automatically screen your uploads for potential Content ID claims and ad suitability restrictions. This new step will help you minimize the number of videos uploaded with undesired Content ID claims and/or yellow icons and avoid surprises or worries. Check out this video to learn more!

How ‘Checks’ work in the Studio Upload flow:
During the upload flow on desktop, you’ll see the option to review your video in the new “checks” step for potential Content ID claims and ad-suitability issues before the video is published. You can learn more about this new step in this Help Center article

How long do the checks take?
The copyright checks usually finish within 3 minutes, while monetization checks can take a couple of minutes longer. You’ll see a time estimate on the screen.

Does this mean I no longer have to upload my video as unlisted or private to check for monetization/Content ID claims?
Correct! You no longer have to publish a video as unlisted or private – once the checks have completed, you’ll know if your video’s visibility or monetization potential will be restricted once it’s public. However, it’s still possible for your video to receive restrictions after it’s published. 

Can I publish my video before the checks are completed?
Yes, you can publish the video while the checks are still running. Keep in mind that if an issue is found, it might impact the video’s visibility or monetization of the video. 

What do I do if a Content ID claim is found in the “checks” step?
If a Content ID claim is found, you‘ll see what you can do to address it when clicking on ‘See details’.  You’ll be able to see the content being claimed, including the timecode it appears at, and the impact the claim has on your video. For more on Content ID claims and other copyright issues, check out this FAQ post directly from David, a YouTube Product Manager working directly on Copyright and creator tools. 

What do I do about ad-suitability issues (yellow icons) in the “Checks” step? 
If there is an ad-suitability issue found with your video, you’ll see an option to “Request review”. Double check that your video, thumbnail, and metadata meet YouTube's advertiser-friendly content guidelines before requesting a review. When the review is complete, you’ll get an email update, and the status in the “Checks'' step of the upload flow will update.

Please note: this does not protect your videos from other potential issues after publishing (like manual claims, Content ID claims created from new reference files, copyright strikes, and/or restrictions as a result of edits to your video settings).

We hope you enjoy the update, feel free to share your feedback with us in the comments!

- Sarah (TeamYouTube)
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (478)
Relevant Answer
Give me my comments back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've uploaded three videos since this new feature has been added and each time the copyright check has finished fine, but the ad suitability check has continued running for several hours, with the timer finishing and it saying 'checks are taking longer than expected' (in every case I've just given up and published the video after about 30 minutes, because my content isn't generally risky monetization-wise, and then the status has remained 'checking' for a few hours on the content list). I assume this is probably just teething problems with it, but there could be some kind of bug where things appear stuck in the 'checking' status longer than they should.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
youtube can you please monetize me so i can get paid because 
so that way i can get more stuff for my videos and do unboxings on my channel 
please reply back
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I want to stream my videos YouTube
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Sir pliz check my channel and enable  now  my channel Think you.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtube/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic