We're always working to resolve problems that pop up on YouTube. If your problem is listed below, we're aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. If your problem isn't listed below, learn how you can report an issue.
Subscriptions status not updating immediately
You may be experiencing an issue where, sometimes, your subscription status isn't updated right away on your Subscriptions list, watch pages, and channel pages:
- When you subscribe to a channel, it might look like you haven't subscribed yet because the Subscribe button stays red for a few minutes, instead of changing to gray right away to confirm you have subscribed.
- When you unsubscribed from a channel, it might seem like you're still subscribed because the Subscribe button stays gray for a few minutes, instead of changing to red right away to confirm you have unsubscribed.
We're aware of this issue and are working to make the subscription status change right away in all cases.
Watch Next suggestions unavailable for YouTube App on iOS 8
If you’re using the YouTube app on iOS 8, you may notice that there are no suggested or recommended videos while you're watching a video. We're aware of this issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible.
To get suggested or recommended videos while using YouTube on your device, you can:
Unable to download YouTube app on iOS 7.1.2
If you're using an iPhone 4 and iOS version 7.1.2, you may not be able to download the YouTube app from the App Store. If you deleted the YouTube app from your phone or have never installed it on that device before, you may not be able to install it now.
We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it with Apple. In the meantime, you can use the YouTube mobile site at m.youtube.com
Home screen widget unavailable on Android
You may have noticed that the Home screen widget is no longer supported after updating to the latest version of the Android app. With less than half a percent of views coming through the widget, we're instead focusing on making the Home page experience even more useful for finding great new videos to watch.
- Remove the widget: Tap and hold, then drag up to remove.
- Feedback: If you'd like to provide feedback to the team about this change, go to Menu > Send Feedback in the app.
Licensing error message on a smart TV
You may receive an error message when attempting to watch movies and TV shows on some smart TVs:
- Smart TVs and Blu-Ray players made in 2013 or later
While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend watching your movie or TV show on your computer, or on another supported device. If you're not able to watch on another device, you may request a refund by contacting our support team.
Issues marking video as “not interested” on iOS
iOS users who mark videos as "Not interested" don’t have the option to "Tell us why" and "Undo." We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible.
Issues on Samsung TV
Getting logged out on Samsung TV
You may have noticed that you get logged out of your Google account on your Samsung TV. We are working with Samsung to get this issue fixed. You can help by reporting the issue directly to Samsung. To do so, please go into your TV's Menu, then Support > Contact Samsung. Thank you for your patience.
You may have experienced general performance or stability problems with the YouTube app on your Samsung TV. We are working with Samsung to get this issue fixed. You can help by reporting the issue directly to Samsung. To do so, please go into your TV's Menu, then Support > Contact Samsung. Thank you for your patience.
Collections are no longer available
The Collections feature was removed on May 26, 2015. We'll continue to focus on other efforts to make your subscriptions even more enjoyable.
Create videos and manage your channel
Subscriber count changing or dropping
Generally, it's normal to see fluctuations in your subscriber count. If it seems that your subscriber count has changed or dropped, it could be for one of these reasons:
- Viewers are subscribing and unsubscribing to your channel normally. If a user unsubscribes and then re-subscribes to your channel, they need to reset their notifications. Otherwise, they may not see new content from your channel in their email or YouTube feed.
- You're using a third-party reporting tool. These tools aren't always accurate. You can use your Subscribers report in YouTube Analytics to view your subscribers.
- We've removed spam subscribers from your channel.
If subscriber changes seem like they're outside the normal fluctuation rate, it could be due to a known issue:
- In rare cases, it may appear to some users that they've been unsubscribed from your channel when they actually haven't been. For some users (typically users with more than 1,000 channel subscriptions), the subscribe button on the watch page can behave inconsistently (sometimes showing "Subscribed" and other times showing "Unsubscribed"). These users are still subscribed and will still get notified of new content. We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it.
- If you believe you're experiencing a problem outside the normal rate of subscriber count fluctuations, you can report an issue.
Changes to comment counts
You may currently be experiencing an issue where the comment count on a video's watch page is different from what you see in YouTube Analytics. We're updating our systems to ensure consistency, so the numbers may have recently changed for you.
Rest assured that even if your comment count has decreased, no comments have been deleted. YouTube never deletes comments unless they violate our rules for spam or other policies listed in the Community Guidelines.
What's the correct comment count?
In the watch page, the actual comments loading on the page is the accurate number. The number that you see listed above the comments field on a video's watch page may not currently be accurate.