We're always working to resolve problems that pop up on YouTube. If your problem is listed below, we're aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. If your problem isn't listed below, learn how you can report an issue.
Subscriptions status not updating immediately
You may be experiencing an issue where, sometimes, your subscription status isn't updated right away on your Subscriptions list, watch pages, and channel pages:
- When you subscribe to a channel, it might look like you haven't subscribed yet because the Subscribe button stays red for a few minutes, instead of changing to gray right away to confirm you have subscribed.
- When you unsubscribed from a channel, it might seem like you're still subscribed because the Subscribe button stays gray for a few minutes, instead of changing to red right away to confirm you have unsubscribed.
We're aware of this issue and are working to make the subscription status change right away in all cases.
Unable to download YouTube app on iOS 7.1.2
If you're using an iPhone 4 and iOS version 7.1.2, you may not be able to download the YouTube app from the App Store. If you deleted the YouTube app from your phone or have never installed it on that device before, you may not be able to install it now.
We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it with Apple. In the meantime, you can use the YouTube mobile site at m.youtube.com
Home screen widget unavailable on Android
You may have noticed that the Home screen widget is no longer supported after updating to the latest version of the Android app. With less than half a percent of views coming through the widget, we're instead focusing on making the Home page experience even more useful for finding great new videos to watch.
- Remove the widget: Tap and hold, then drag up to remove.
- Feedback: If you'd like to provide feedback to the team about this change, go to Menu > Send Feedback in the app.
Licensing error message on a smart TV
You may receive an error message when attempting to watch movies and TV shows on some smart TVs:
- Smart TVs and Blu-Ray players made in 2013 or later
While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend watching your movie or TV show on your computer, or on another supported device. If you're not able to watch on another device, you may request a refund by contacting our support team.
Issues marking video as “not interested” on iOS
iOS users who mark videos as "Not interested" don’t have the option to "Tell us why" and "Undo." We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible.
Issues on Samsung TV
Getting logged out on Samsung TV
You may have noticed that you get logged out of your Google account on your Samsung TV. We are working with Samsung to get this issue fixed. You can help by reporting the issue directly to Samsung. To do so, please go into your TV's Menu, then Support > Contact Samsung. Thank you for your patience.
You may have experienced general performance or stability problems with the YouTube app on your Samsung TV. We are working with Samsung to get this issue fixed. You can help by reporting the issue directly to Samsung. To do so, please go into your TV's Menu, then Support > Contact Samsung. Thank you for your patience.
Collections are no longer available
The Collections feature was removed on May 26, 2015. We'll continue to focus on other efforts to make your subscriptions even more enjoyable.
Create videos and manage your channel
Subscriber count changing or dropping
Generally, it's normal to see fluctuations in your subscriber count. If it seems that your subscriber count has changed or dropped, it could be for one of these reasons:
- Viewers are subscribing and unsubscribing to your channel normally. If a user unsubscribes and then re-subscribes to your channel, they need to reset their notifications. Otherwise, they may not see new content from your channel in their email or YouTube feed.
- You're using a third-party reporting tool. These tools aren't always accurate. You can use your Subscribers report in YouTube Analytics to view your subscribers.
- We've removed spam subscribers from your channel.
If subscriber changes seem like they're outside the normal fluctuation rate, it could be due to a known issue:
- In rare cases, it may appear to some users that they've been unsubscribed from your channel when they actually haven't been. For some users with more than 1,000 channel subscriptions, the subscribe button on the watch page can behave inconsistently (sometimes showing "Subscribed" and other times showing "Unsubscribed"). These users are still subscribed and will still get notified of new content. We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it.
- If you believe you're experiencing a problem outside the normal rate of subscriber count fluctuations, you can report an issue.
Custom URL claiming is currently unavailable
If you're trying to claim a new custom URL for your channel, you'll get a message that claiming custom URLs is down. We're currently doing a scheduled update on our custom URL system. We expect it to be complete within a few days and will let you know with an update here.
You'll be able to claim a custom URL when the system is updated, if you're eligible. If you've claimed a custom URL in the past, this doesn't affect your channel or URL.
YouTube Analytics data issues
YouTube Analytics is currently experiencing an issue with delayed data as well as problems displaying data for more than 35 channels or videos. We're aware of the issues and working to fix them.