We're always working to resolve problems that pop up on YouTube. If your problem is listed below, we're aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. If your problem isn't listed below, learn how you can report an issue.
Home screen widget unavailable on Android
You may have noticed that the Home screen widget is no longer supported after updating to the latest version of the Android app. With less than half a percent of views coming through the widget, we're instead focusing on making the What to Watch experience even more useful for finding great new videos to watch.
- Remove the widget: Touch and hold, then drag up to remove.
- Feedback: If you'd like to provide feedback to the team about this change, go to Menu > Send Feedback in the app.
Your account on YouTube
"Oops! Something went wrong." error message when updating channels
On the YouTube for Android and iOS apps, you may be prompted to connect your YouTube channel to a Google+ profile or page before you can post a comment. When the YouTube app opens m.youtube.com in your device's browser, you may see the "Oops! Something went wrong." error message.
If you see this message, please follow these steps:
- On m.youtube.com, touch "Sign out" in the Guide.
- Open the YouTube app and tap on a comment to view the update prompt. This will take you to m.youtube.com.
- On m.youtube.com, sign in with the same email address and password that's currently signed into your app.
If you're still seeing this error in the app after updating your account, try signing out and in again.
Monetize your videos - YouTube Partner Program
My live stream ingestion is struggling and I'd like to switch to Google Public DNS
If your live stream ingestion is struggling, it may be due to a misconfigured DNS sending the stream to a distant geographical location. Follow these instructions to configure your network to use Google Public DNS.