We're always working to resolve problems that pop up on YouTube. If your problem is listed below, we're aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. If your problem isn't listed below, learn how you can report an issue.
Subscriptions, uploads, and playlists not appearing properly
18:19 UTC June 15 2017
Since January 2017, a few users have noticed inconsistent behavior in their subscriptions:
- Tapping or clicking Subscribe does not change the look of the button immediately.
- Subscriptions not appearing in the Channel list of your Subscriptions tab.
- Channels you're subscribed to still show Subscribe button.
- Missing playlists, subscriptions, and uploads on your mobile device.
Since users are still subscribed to these channels, they see notifications and videos appearing in the subscription feed. Subscriber counts are not affected by these issues.
If you are missing playlists, subscriptions, and uploads on your mobile device:
Try switching accounts to locate your content.
- Tap on the Account icon or profile photo.
- Tap the arrow next to your name.
- Tap on a channel in the list to start using that account.
For all other issues, check back here for updates.
Third party extensions subscribing you to channels without your permission
22:40 UTC 26 MAY 2017
Since early April, you may be experiencing an issue in which third party extensions subscribe you to channels without your permission. These are not official extensions from the Chrome Store and this behavior violates Chrome Web Store Terms of Service.
You may be experiencing this issue if:
- You see notifications for videos and channels that you don’t remember subscribing to.
- You see notifications for videos and channels that you have unsubscribed from.
Please be aware when downloading apps or extensions from outside the Chrome Web Store. If you believe that a violative app came from the Chrome Web Store, report it to Chrome.
Install and manage extensions
Only add extensions from the Chrome Store or sites you are familiar with.
- Before you install an extension, check which Chrome settings the extension changes.
- Check chrome://extensions to disable or remove extensions that you don't recognize.
- If you think you have malware, remove it.
- If you find something in the Chrome Web Store that violates the Chrome Web Store Terms of Service, report it.
Learn more about managing extensions.