We're always working to resolve problems that pop up on YouTube. If your problem is listed below, we're aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. If your problem isn't listed below, learn how you can report an issue.
Subscriptions status not updating immediately
22:50 UTC 26 MAY 2017
You may be experiencing an issue where, sometimes, your subscription status isn't updated right away.
- When you subscribe to a channel, it might look like you haven't subscribed yet because the Subscribe button stays red for a few minutes, instead of changing to gray right away to confirm you have subscribed.
- When you unsubscribe from a channel, it might seem like you're still subscribed because the Subscribe button stays gray for a few minutes, instead of changing to red right away to confirm you have unsubscribed.
We're aware of this issue and are working to make the subscription status change right away in all cases.
Third party extensions subscribing you to channels without your permission
22:40 UTC 26 MAY 2017
Since early April, you may be experiencing an issue in which third party extensions subscribe you to channels without your permission. These are not official extensions from the Chrome Store and this behavior violates Chrome Web Store Terms of Service.
You may be experiencing this issue if:
- You see notifications for videos and channels that you don’t remember subscribing to.
- You see notifications for videos and channels that you have unsubscribed from.
Please be aware when downloading apps or extensions from outside the Chrome Web Store. If you believe that a violative app came from the Chrome Web Store, report it to Chrome.
Install and manage extensions
Only add extensions from the Chrome Store or sites you are familiar with.
- Before you install an extension, check which Chrome settings the extension changes.
- Check chrome://extensions to disable or remove extensions that you don't recognize.
- If you think you have malware, remove it.
- If you find something in the Chrome Web Store that violates the Chrome Web Store Terms of Service, report it.
Learn more about managing extensions.
Create videos and manage your channel
Delayed view count data in Realtime report
Since May 18, 2017, view count data in the YouTube Analytics Realtime report is delayed for some videos. We're aware of this issue and working to resolve it. In the meantime, you can use the view count number on your video's watch page to get an understanding of views.
Unexpected error: Duplicate upload
18:17 UTC 26 May 2017
On May 25, 2017 we fixed an issue that allowed some users to upload the same video twice. As a result of the fix, the duplicate videos were removed. Normally, duplicate videos are removed immediately after they are uploaded and show an Upload failed: Duplicate upload message.
A small number of videos were removed in error. If your video was removed and was not a duplicate, your video has been restored.