If you're having trouble with a purchase billed through your mobile phone carrier, try these troubleshooting tips.
Tips for first time direct carrier billing customers
If you’re having trouble making a purchase using carrier billing, we recommend you start by ensuring:
- You are connected to your carrier network, if this is your first time using carrier billing on YouTube.
- You are using the YouTube app, not a mobile browser or a computer.
We also recommend you try turning your device off, waiting a few seconds, and then turning it back on. After turning on your device, re-attempt your purchase.
Additional troubleshooting tips
If you’re still experiencing problems:
- Make sure you are using a personal account. Some companies may block carrier billing on corporate accounts.
- Confirm that you are not using a rooted device.
- If you use a device with dual SIM cards, make sure to put the right SIM card in slot 1 and leave slot 2 empty.
Check your carrier settings
If none of the tips above fixed your issue, there are some carrier settings that could be impacting your service. Check with your carrier to make sure:
- You haven’t hit any cap set for monthly spending totals or individual purchase prices by your carrier (when those limits are reached, the billing option disappears).
- That you have sufficient balance for the purchase amount, if you are using a pre-paid plan.
- Your device and service plan allow premium content purchases.
- Your device can use mobile phone billing.
If you’ve tried these steps and are still having problems, contact your mobile phone service provider for more help.
Tips for existing memberships billed through a mobile phone carrier
If you have been using direct carrier billing to pay for a YouTube paid membership and are experiencing payment issues, contact your carrier to find out the reason for the decline. There could be an issue with your account, such as exceeding a spending limit.
If there is no issue with your carrier account, try removing it as a payment method and re-adding:
- Go to your Payment methods page on Google Pay and remove your carrier billing payment method. Note: You will be unable to remove carrier billing from your account if you are using this payment method for any currently active memberships.
- Go to the YouTube app and tap on your profile picture .
- Tap Paid memberships and complete the sign up process again.
If you have problems re-adding carrier billing, try the troubleshooting tips for first-time users above.
If these don’t help, please contact your mobile phone service provider for more help.