To protect your account, you may be asked to re-authenticate before using certain features on YouTube.
You can re-authenticate using one of these methods:
- Use a security key (if one is linked to your account)
- Get a prompt sent to your mobile device (if you have Gmail ,Google Maps, or the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad, or if you're logged in on your Android device)
- Sign in using a backup code (if you can't verify your secondary credentials)
- Verify your account via SMS (if you've entered a recovery phone number)
If you get an error saying "Action blocked," do the following on your mobile device:
- Android devices: Stay signed into the Google account for 7 or more days.
- iPhone or iPads: Install Gmail, the Google Search app, or YouTube app and stay signed in for 7 or more days.
- Other devices: Add a recovery phone number to your Google account and wait for 7 or more days.