To protect your account, you may be asked to re-authenticate before using certain features on YouTube.
You can re-authenticate using one of these methods:
- Use a security key (if one is linked to your account)
- Get a prompt sent to your mobile device (if you have Gmail, Google Search app, or the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad, or if you're logged in on your Android device)
- Sign in using a backup code (if you can't verify your secondary credentials)
- Verify your account via SMS (if you've entered a recovery phone number)
If you get an error saying "Action blocked," do the following on your mobile device:
- Android devices: Stay signed into the Google account for 7 or more days.
- iPhone or iPads: Install Gmail, the Google Search app, or YouTube app and stay signed in for 7 or more days.
- Other devices: Add a recovery phone number to your Google account and wait for 7 or more days.