Here’s a simple way to think of it: if you were to combine all the playlists’ videos into one single video, and that video were to violate our Community Guidelines, then the playlist may violate Community Guidelines as well.
If you find content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you find many videos, comments, or a creator's entire channel that you wish to report, visit our reporting tool.
What this policy means for you
If you're creating playlists
Don’t post playlists on YouTube if they fit any of the descriptions noted below.
- Playlists with thumbnails, titles or descriptions that violate our community guidelines, such as those that are pornographic, or that consist of images that are intended to shock or disgust.
- Playlists with titles or descriptions that mislead viewers into thinking they’re about to view videos different than what the playlist contains.
- Playlists with videos that don’t individually violate our policies, but are collected in a way that violates the guidelines. This includes but is not limited to:
- Educational content featuring nudity or sexual themes for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Non-sexual content but focus on specific body parts or activities for sexual gratification
- Documentary videos of graphic violence for the purpose of glorifying or shocking
- Playlists that include multiple videos that have been removed for violating our guidelines. If you notice that multiple videos in your public playlists have been removed or deleted, please take some time to remove those videos from your playlists as well. If you notice that some videos in your public playlists violate our Community Guidelines, please flag them and remove them from your playlist.
- Playlists that depict physical, sexual, or emotional mistreatment of minors.
Please note this is not a complete list.
Here are some examples of content that’s not allowed on YouTube.
- A playlist of news footage of aerial bombings accompanied by a title such as “Best bombings”.
- A playlist with a title that calls for the segregation of people with intellectual disabilities.
- A playlist that posts an individual’s nonpublic personal identifying information like a phone number, home address, or email for the express purpose of directing abusive attention or traffic toward them.
- A playlist that collects videos of dangerous or threatening pranks, such as a playlist of fake home invasions or robberies.
- A playlist of videos featuring minors accompanied by a title such as “sexy".
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. If you get 3 strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.