Once you buy or rent movies and TV shows on YouTube, you can watch them on any of the following supported devices. You will need to be signed in to your Google Account in order to access your purchases. Learn more about how to purchase movies & TV shows on a computer or mobile device, or on a Smart TV.
Watch on a Computer
Watch on a mobile device
- You can purchase content on your iOS device in selected locations. To see if iOS purchases are supported in your location, please check here.
- If iOS purchasing is not supported in your location, you can still purchase movies and TV shows on another device and then watch them on your iOS device using the instructions above.
Watch using Chromecast
- Select a YouTube video that you'd like to watch.
- To cast the video to your TV, click Cast .
Watch on Smart TVs
You can also access purchased movies and TV shows on the YouTube app for Smart TVs, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV and Roku.
View movies and shows you’ve purchased on YouTube by signing in to the YouTube app, and navigating to Your movies and shows in the Library tab. Please ensure you have the latest version of the YouTube app installed on your device.
Rentals and purchases can also be cast to Android TV using the Cast button on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch on game consoles
- For movie rentals, your movie will be available for the duration of the rental period after you start watching it for the first time. Purchases will be available to watch as many times as you like. See our Usage Rules for more information.
- For some videos, different prices for different resolutions may also be available. Playback of HD and UHD titles is only available on certain supported devices and internet speeds. See HD/UHD device requirements for more information.
- You can find and watch movies you purchased on YouTube using Google Play, and vice versa. However, you can’t add movies purchased on YouTube to your Play Family Library.