To buy movies & TV shows on YouTube, you must be 18 years or older and you need a Google Account with a valid payment method.
You can purchase movies and TV shows in the latest version of the YouTube app on supported smart TVs, including from the following manufacturers:
- Chromecast with Google TV
To make a purchase, you’ll need to be signed in to your Google Account and have a valid payment method saved. If you don’t have a valid payment method saved, you'll need to add a payment method using a computer or mobile device.
To make a purchase on your Smart TV:
- Go to your YouTube app on your smart TV.
- Search for a movie or TV show that you're interested in. If you want to browse, search for “Movies."
- Select the movie or show you want to watch. Select Rent to make a rental purchase. Select Buy to purchase the TV show or movie.
- Confirm your payment method and select Continue.
- Follow on screen directions to confirm your payment method. Then select Pay Now.
- You can Watch Now or Watch Later. Select Watch Now to start your viewing experience or select Watch Later to enjoy it at another time. You can view your purchases by going to the 'Purchases' section within the Library tab in the YouTube app.
- For movie rentals, your movie will be available during the rental period after you start watching it for the first time. Purchases will be available to watch as many times as you like. Go to our Usage Rules for more info.
- For some videos, different resolutions may be available, for varying prices.