To purchase movies & TV shows on YouTube, you must be 18 years of age or older, in a supported country, and you need a Google Account with a valid payment method.
To purchase movies and TV shows on a computer, sign in to your Google Account and follow these steps to make a purchase:
- Visit the Movies & Shows page or search on YouTube for a movie or TV show that you'd like to buy or rent
- Click the button displaying the price for either rental or purchase. Different prices for different resolutions may also be available.
- If you have a coupon to redeem, click 'Enter promotional code' to show the promotional code field. Enter your code and click the arrow, then click the appropriate purchase button to continue.
- Select the payment method that you wish to use or add a new payment method, then click Buy to finish the transaction.
- Once your payment has gone through, you'll get a purchase confirmation.
- You can find all the videos that you've purchased by visiting https://www.youtube.com/purchases while signed in to your account.
- For movie rentals, your movie will be available for the duration of the rental period after you start watching it for the first time. Purchases will be available to watch as many times as you like. See our Usage Rules for more information
- For some videos, different prices for different resolutions may also be available. Playback of HD and UHD titles are only available on certain supported devices and internet speed. See HD/UHD device requirements for more information.