Regardless of your location, creators are legally required to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and/or other laws. You’re required to tell us if your videos are made for kids.
To help you comply, in November 2019, we introduced a new audience setting in YouTube Studio. In this setting, you can indicate whether or not your content is made for kids. You can set your audience:
- At the channel level, which will set all of your future and existing content as made for kids or not.
- Or, at the video level. If you choose this option, you’ll need to set each existing and new video’s audience as made for kids or not.
Check if your video’s audience is set as made for kids
You can check if your video has been set as made for kids by either yourself or by YouTube. Learn what happens when your content is set as made for kids.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Click Filter and select your filter(s):
- Made for kids (set by you): All videos that you set as made for kids.
- Set to made for kids (by YouTube): All videos that YouTube set as made for kids.
- Not made for kids: All videos that you set as not made for kids.
- Not set: All videos that do not have a "made for kids" setting.
You can also check restrictions in the YouTube Studio app on your mobile device.