Swap the audio track on your video
The audio swapping tool allows you to add music to your video from a library of licensed songs. These songs are from our free Audio Library, and you may use them in videos that you monetise on YouTube.
If your video contains copyrighted audio that has been claimed by Content ID, you can use the audio swapping tool to replace the claimed song with new music. The rest of the audio in your video should remain intact. Trimming your video following an audio swap may result in your video being muted.
Manually detected Content ID claims will not be automatically released when using the audio swapping tool to replace claimed audio. If you believe that the claimed audio is no longer present in your video, you can dispute the claim. Learn more about disputing a Content ID claim.
This feature is only available for videos shorter than six hours.
Add audio tracks to your videos
- Go to your Video Manager page and click the arrow next to Edit on the video that you'd like to edit.
- In the drop-down menu, click the Audio button.
- Click the Add or replace audio tab below the video player.
- Select a track by clicking Add to video and preview your video with the music track added.
- You can click the play icon next to the name of the audio track to preview the track.
- Search for a track using the search box, or browse by using the drop-down menus.
- Once you've found a track that you like, click Save changes Save. The new audio will be applied to your video.
- Audio tracks can be positioned by adjusting the audio track bar below your video.
- At the moment, only one audio track can be added to your video.