Swap the audio track on your video
The audio swapping tool allows you to add music to your video from a library of licensed songs. These songs are from our free Audio Library, and you may use them in videos that you monetize on YouTube. If your video contains copyrighted audio that has been claimed by Content ID, you can use the audio swapping tool to replace the selected audio portion of your video with the track. The rest of the audio in your video should remain intact.
Manually detected Content ID claims will not be automatically released when using the audio swapping tool to replace claimed audio. If you believe the claimed audio content is no longer present in your video, you can dispute the claim. Learn more about disputing a Content ID claim.
This feature is only available for videos shorter than 6 hours.
Add audio tracks to your video
- Go to your Video Manager page, and click the arrow next to Edit on the video you’d like to edit
- In the drop-down menu, click the Audio button
- Click the Add or replace audio tab below the video player
- Select a track by clicking Add to video and preview your video with the music track added
- You can click the play icon next to the name of the audio track to preview the track
- Search for a track using the search box, or browse by genre using the Featured Tracks tab
- Once you've found a track you like, click the Save button, and the new audio will be applied to your video. Audio tracks can be positioned by adjusting the audio track bar below your video.
Customize audio position and length
After clicking Add to video selecting an audio track, the name audio track will appear below the player in a highlighted bar. Click on the bar.
You can now trim and drag the bar to customize length and position by clicking on the beginning or end of the bar and dragging it to the left or right. After you've trimmed the track, drag it to a particular position in the video.
This feature allows you to set when an audio track will play in your video. You can adjust the volume of the audio to play music only, favor the original audio, or mix both.
Click Save changes when you're happy with the positioning of the track.