With Analytics, you can better understand how your performance contributes to your growth and success as an Artist. Use the guide below to understand what these metrics may mean to you.
At the top, you’ll see different tabs. Apart from the overview tab, each tab is tailored to help you see data that’s most relevant to your goals.
Your overall performance
The top card shows your overall performance with watch time, views, and unique viewers metrics.
- Watch time: The total amount of time that viewers spend watching the videos.
- Views: "Views" counts the number of times videos featuring your songs recordings were played on YouTube or YouTube Music, including official music videos, the audio tracks, and fan videos like lyric videos.
- Unique Viewers: This number shows you the estimated number of different people who came to watch the videos. Whether they watch on desktop or mobile, or watch more than once, that person counts as one unique viewer.
Filter data from your Official Artist Channel or other channels
Filter your total reach to remove data from your Official Artist Channel or other channels by tapping the switches at the top right.
The Official Artist Channel filter will show you data for videos attributed to you that were uploaded by you, your label, or VEVO. The filter for “Other channels” will show you data for videos from other channels, including collaborations with other artists and videos uploaded by others where the video uses all or nearly all of your song recording and where your song is the primary component of the video.
Note: You’ll only see these reports if your public videos or channel has enough data.
The Realtime activity card gives you estimated views for your videos and top songs from the last 48 hours or 60 minutes. This report gives you early insights into the performance of your most recently published songs.You can select a time period of the last 60 minutes or the last 48 hours.
Top countries and cities
The Top countries and cities card shows you where you audience is.
Age and Gender
The Age and Gender card shows you your content’s audience by age and gender. Data is based on signed-in viewers across all devices.
- Traffic source types: Where viewers found the videos on YouTube.
- Top external sources: Traffic from websites and apps that have the YouTube video embedded or linked to.
- Impressions and how they led to watch time: How many people saw the video on YouTube and who then went on to watch the video.
- Top YouTube search terms: Search terms that led viewers to the videos.
- Top geographies: Your audience by geography. Data is based on IP address.
- Top subtitle/CC languages: Your audience by subtitled language. Data is based on usage of subtitles/CC.
- Age and gender: Your audience by age and gender. Data is based on signed in viewers across all devices.
- When your viewers are on YouTube: Your audience’s online activity across your channel and all of YouTube. Data is based on your viewers across all devices in the last 28 days.
- Other videos your audience watched: Your audience's online activity outside of your channel. Data is based on your viewers across all devices in the last 7 days.
- Other channels your audience watched: Your audience’s online activity across other channels on YouTube. Data is based on your viewers across all devices in the last 28 days.
Note that you may only see demographics data for a subset of your viewers. The data may not represent the overall composition of your traffic.
- Monthly estimated revenue: How much your channel has earned in the last 6 months. For ongoing months and months without finalized payments, revenue is estimated and subject to change.
- Top-earning videos: Videos with the highest estimated revenue for the time period.
- Revenue sources: How you’re making money with YouTube.
- Ad types: The format of the ad and its buying platform. This breakdown is only available for YouTube ad revenue and impression-based metrics.
- Transaction revenue: Estimated net revenue from transactions, such as paid content and Super Chat, deducting any partner charged refunds for the selected date range and region.