Get an overview of channel performance
The Overview tab in YouTube Analytics offers a high-level summary of how your channel and videos are performing on YouTube. Use it to see key stats quickly for your entire channel or individual videos.
Access the Overview tab
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- In the left menu, select Analytics.
- The Overview tab will appear by default.
The key metrics card on the Overview tab shows your overall performance with watch time, views and subscriber metrics:
- Watch time: The amount of time that a viewer has watched a video
- Subscribers: The number of viewers who have subscribed to your channel
- Views: The number of legitimate views for your channels or videos
You'll see video icons below the card to indicate when you published videos. If you're part of the YouTube Partner Programme, you'll also see revenue data. If you click SEE MORE to expand it, you'll see impressions and impressions click-through-rate data.
The key metrics card also appears on other YouTube Analytics tabs, like the Reach and Interest tabs. On other tabs, the key metrics card will have different metrics related to that particular goal. If you're viewing analytics for your entire channel, you can click SEE MORE to expand, and add additional metrics from any tab.
This report gives you early insights into the performance of your most recently published videos so that you can improve their promotion strategy. Use the Real-time activity report to see estimated views data for your most viewed videos.
You can see the Real-time activity report for your entire channel or for a specific video. Select SEE MORE to expand the report. Once expanded, you'll see a longer list of videos, as well as be able to compare 60-minute and 48-hour performance side by side. You can also sort by different columns.
Data display and accuracy
Real-time activity data is estimated and meant to be a general indicator of activity on your videos. You may see differences in data between the Real-time activity report and a video's watch page. Data automatically updates, with a small delay of a few minutes between when a view occurs and when it shows in the report.
Other reports on the Overview tab
- Top videos: Find out which videos are performing best. Learn more about the Top videos report here.
- Audience retention: See how well your video keeps your audience interested. Learn more about the Audience retention report here
- Likes (vs dislikes): See how many viewers like and dislike your video. Learn more about the Likes (vs dislikes) report here
Metrics to know
|Average view duration||Estimated average minutes watched per view for the selected video and date range.|
|Impressions||How many times your thumbnails were shown to viewers on YouTube through registered impressions.|
|Impressions click-through rate||How often viewers watched a video after seeing a thumbnail.|
|Likes (vs dislikes)||The percentage of likes on your video.|
|Subscribers||The number of viewers who have subscribed to your channel.|
|Views||The number of legitimate views for your channels or videos.|
|Watch time (minutes)||The amount of time that a viewer has watched a video.|