Sale of Illegal or Regulated Goods
Content intended to sell certain regulated goods and services is not allowed on YouTube.
If you see content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you have found multiple videos, comments, or a user’s entire channel that you wish to report, please visit our reporting tool, where you will be able to submit a more detailed complaint.
What this means for you
If you're posting content
Don’t post content on YouTube if it aims to sell directly any of the items listed below or links to sites that sell these items.
- Bank account passwords, stolen credit cards, or other financial information
- Counterfeit documents or currency
- Endangered species
- Firearms and certain firearms accessories
- Nicotine products
- Online gambling casinos
- Pharmaceuticals without a prescription
- Sex or escort services
- Unlicensed medical services
- Human smuggling
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Please note this is not a complete list.
Here are some examples of content that’s not allowed on YouTube.
- Linking to an online gambling casino in the video description or comments.
- Selling counterfeit passports or providing instructions on creating forged official documents.
- Advertising escort, prostitution, or erotic massage services.
- Content instructing how to purchase drugs on the dark web.
- A video of a user making a purchase with software that generates fake credit card numbers.
- Including a link to an online pharmacy that does not require prescriptions.
Please remember these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think it might violate this policy.
What happens when content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is the first time you’ve posted content that violates our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. Your channel will be terminated if you receive 3 strikes. You can learn more about our strikes system here.
Visit Creator Academy for more
Would you rather learn about this policy through videos and quizzes? Check out our Creator Academy course.