Sign in or out
- Go to Sign in.
- Sign in with your Google Account. If you have more than one Google Account, be sure to select the account you use with YouTube.
- After signing in, you may see a list of Google identities associated with your account. Be sure to choose the account that is linked to your YouTube channel. If you select a Brand Account that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
Note: When opening the app, you’ll be asked to select a Nintendo account to use. You can use any Nintendo account to use YouTube.
Download the app
Navigate the app and play videos
- Home: Return to the home screen by tapping B.
- Play : Play or resume your video. You can also tap A.
- Captions : Show the video's closed captions, if available.
When playing a video, select “More Actions” to find more options:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Rate the video.
- Report the video for violating Community Guidelines.
Note: The screenshot function on the Nintendo Switch is not supported on the YouTube app.
- Browse videos: As you search, relevant videos will show at the bottom of the screen. To browse the video results, press left or right on the D-pad or left stick.
- Edit your search: Press X again or click on the keyboard icon to open the keyboard for typing.
Note: The touch-screen feature works with the Search keyboard when the device is used in handheld mode.
Search & Watch History
- Go to Settings .
- Select Clear watch history or Clear search history.
This action will clear your account’s watch or search history from all devices and your stories watch history.
Nintendo Parental Controls and Sign in
- Go to System Settings.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Select Parental Controls Settings.
- Select I have the app installed. What’s next? or I don’t have a smart device! and follow the prompts..
- Select your desired Restriction Level.
For “Pre-Teen” and “Child” Restriction Levels, the Nintendo Switch app is locked. For “Teen” and “Not Restricted”, the app is unlocked.
Note: If you want to turn on Parental Controls but not necessarily for the YouTube app, go to Restriction Level Custom Settings Restricted Software.
Pair your mobile device
Watch Purchased Content
Watch 360 Videos
- In the video player, select More .
- Select Quality .
- Select your preferred video quality.