You can now watch YouTube videos on the Nintendo Switch. You’ll be able to view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
Sign in or out
- Navigate to Sign in.
- Sign in with your Google Account. If you have multiple Google Accounts, be sure to select the account you use with YouTube.
- After signing in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. Be sure to choose the account that is linked to your YouTube channel. If you select a Brand Account that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
Note: When launching the app, you’ll be prompted to select a Nintendo account to use. Accounts that are logged into the YouTube app can be accessed via any Nintendo account on the device.
Download the app
Visit the Nintendo eShop for more information on how to download.
Navigate the app and play videos
- Go home : Returns you to the home screen.
- Play : Play or resume your video.
- Captions : Show the video's closed captions, if available.
When playing a video, select “More Actions” to find additional options:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Rate the video.
- Flag the video for violating community guidelines.
Note: The screen capture function on the Nintendo Switch is not supported on the YouTube app.
- Browse videos: As you search, relevant videos will appear at the bottom of the screen. Press left or right on the D-pad or left stick to browse the video results.
- Edit your search query: Press X again or click on the keyboard icon to open up the keyboard for typing.
Note: The touch screen feature works with Search keyboard when the device is used in handheld mode.
Search & Watch History
- Go to Settings .
- Select “Clear watch history” or “Clear search history.”
This will clear your account’s watch or search history from all devices and your stories watch history.
Nintendo Parental Controls and Sign in
- Go to System Settings.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Select Parental Controls Settings.
- Select Use Your Smart Device or Use this Console.
- Select your desired Restriction Level.
For “Pre-Teen” and “Child” Restriction Levels, the Nintendo Switch app is locked. For “Teen” and “Not Restricted”, the app is unlocked.
Note: If you want to enable Parental Controls but not necessarily for the YouTube app, go to Custom Settings and then Restricted Software.
Pair your mobile device
Watch Purchased Content
Watch 360 Videos
- In the video player, select More options .
- Select Quality .
- Select your preferred video quality.