The merch shelf allows participating creators to showcase their official branded merch on YouTube. You may see the merch shelf on the video pages of participating channels. The shelf may not show on all video pages.
If you're a creator, learn more about getting a merch shelf for your channel.
We work with select retailers that channels offer their merchandise through to display creators’ official merch on the YouTube merch shelf.
Countries/regions where you can browse & buy merch
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Filling the order
- Customer support (including returns and refunds)
Buy products on YouTube in the US
What you’ll see on merch shelf
- Item for sale
- In certain countries, you may see items without a price. To get the price, you’ll need to click on the item. This will take you to the merchant website where you can see the item’s price and the currency you’ll be charged in.
- You may get charged in a foreign currency, and the amount you pay may vary based on foreign currency exchange rates and bank fees. You should review the price of each item on the merchant website prior to purchasing.
Selection and arrangement of items on merch shelf:
- By default the order that merch items are displayed is automated based on a variety of factors, such as price, popularity and availability.
- Creators can also manually select specific items to display on the shelf for their entire channel or video instead of the default selection.
YouTube is not responsible for your activities and purchases made through other retailers.
Where you’ll see creator & artist merch on YouTube
You can find creator and artist merch on a product carousel below their eligible videos. If you click an item displayed on the shelf, you may see a preview of the merch directly on YouTube. More info about the item and other related items can also be found alongside this preview. You can then click again to go to the channel’s official store and make a purchase. Otherwise, you’ll be redirected immediately to the creator’s or artist’s official retailer store.
Store tab in the Channel homepage
All channels live with the merch shelf and with at least 1 item eligible to be displayed on the shelf will automatically get a Store tab on their Channel homepage. This tab will show all of the creator’s items currently displayed on the merch shelf.
Pinned merch items during live streams & live purchase notifications
Any channel live with the merch shelf can choose to pin and unpin one of their merch items to live chats during their live streams. If a user clicks on merch from the pin or any other merch features for channels that have Teespring turned on, and then makes a purchase on Teespring during a channel’s YouTube live stream, this will trigger a live purchase notification inside the live chat.
Merch end screens
Channels live with the merch shelf can show their merch in end screens, to promote their merch at the end of their videos.
Store description links
If a channel is using the merch shelf and includes a URL link to their official merch store in the video description, you can click the URL to see a preview of the merch items directly on YouTube while the video is still playing. You can then click again to go to the channel’s official store and make a purchase.