Blur your videos
Blur parts of your video on a computer.
Note: If you’re in YouTube Studio, click Creator Studio Classic in the left menu to follow these steps.
To blur objects or people as they move in your video:
- On a video in your Video Manager, click the Enhancements tab.
- Click Edit on the “Custom blurring” section.
- Click and drag a box over whatever you want to blur. The tool will automatically blur the object as it moves. You can also:
- Move the blurred box to a different place: Click and drag within the box.
- Resize the blurred area: To blur a bigger or smaller area, drag any corner of the box to resize.
- Change when the blurring happens: To set when the blurring begins and ends, drag the ends of the timeline.
- Prevent the blurred area from moving at all: Click Lock in the timeline to make sure the blurred area always stays in the same place.
- Blur several areas: Click and drag new boxes over the parts you want to blur.
- Click Edit in the "Blur faces" section. You can use YouTube normally while we process your video.
- Once processing is complete, you’ll see thumbnails for each of the faces that the tool detected.
- Click the thumbnails of the faces you’d like to blur.
- Save your changes in the existing video or as a new video.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?