An Official Artist Channel is not a new channel—it's a new layout that can be used on any channel that's owned and operated by an artist, their manager or their label. These are the sections of your Official Artist Channel:
You can choose what video you want to show at the top of your Official Artist Channel—even if it's not a video that you uploaded. Choose different videos for new visitors and returning subscribers.
This is the top section of the channel. It features a playlist, which you can curate with any of your videos that are on YouTube.
Here's how to feature your playlist:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Follow the instructions to create a playlist of the content you want to show.
- Go to your Official Artist Channel.
- Select Customize Channel in the top right. If you don’t see this, hover over the artist-curated section (the section directly below the featured video). Click edit .
- Toggle off Auto Playlist.
- In the dialog box that pops up, choose your playlist from the drop-down menu.
- Click Done.
If your channel is not in the customized channel layout, it will be migrated to this layout when upgraded to Official Artist Channels.
This is an auto-generated section that aggregates your music content from across all your YouTube channels. These videos are organized by upload date, popularity and video type.
This is an auto-generated playlist that organizes your albums in reverse chronological order by release date.
Below the auto-generated "Official music" and "Albums" sections, you have the option to add two shelves of playlists that you've curated.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?