Change language or location settings
You have the option to select your language and location on YouTube on your computer and mobile web, and the option to select your location on the YouTube mobile app. Language settings change the text that appears, while location impacts the types of videos that are recommended and trending.*
YouTube provides language and content preferences for all countries and languages where YouTube is launched, and YouTube is constantly expanding the ability for the product to reach more users. If you cannot find your language or country, select an option that is most appropriate for your needs and interests.
If YouTube cannot find your country, the location default is United States.
*Note that in India, language settings change the videos that are shown on Home and Trending.
Follow the instructions below for the YouTube app or mobile site.
- Go to your Account icon .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Location.
- Select the country.
By default, the YouTube mobile site follows the language setting of your device. You can change the language and location settings on the mobile site.
- Go to Menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Go to Language to choose a different language.
- Go to Location to choose a different location.
YouTube on TV
- Click on the 'Settings' icon on the YouTube on TV app.
- Scroll to the 'Language and Location' section.
- Select 'Language'.
- Click the edit icon.
- Scroll to your selected language.
- Click 'Confirm Change'.
Change language for email notifications
Your emails from YouTube are delivered in the default language for your country. If you've changed your YouTube language settings, you can change your email settings to match:
- Go to your email settings.
- Scroll down to "Language preference" to update your email notification language.