You can select your preferred language and location on YouTube using your computer or on mobile web. When using the YouTube mobile app, you can select your location. Language settings change the text that appears during videos. The location you choose impacts the types of videos that are recommended and trending.*
YouTube provides language and content preferences for all countries and languages where YouTube is available. We're constantly expanding the ability for the product to reach more users. If you cannot find your language or geography, select an option that is most appropriate for your needs and interests.
If YouTube can’t find your geography, the default location is the United States.
*Note that in India, language settings change the videos that are shown on Home and Trending.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap General.
- Tap Location.
- Select your geography.
By default, the YouTube mobile site follows the language setting of your device. You can change the language and location settings on the mobile site.
- Go to your Account icon .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Account.
- Tap Language to choose a different language.
- Tap Location to choose a different location.
YouTube on TV
- Click the Settings on the YouTube on TV app.
- Scroll to the “Language & Location” section.
- Select Language.
- Click Edit .
- Scroll to your selected language.
- Click Confirm Change.
Change language for email notifications
Your emails from YouTube are delivered in the default language for your geography. If you've changed your YouTube language settings, you can change your email settings to match:
- Go to your email settings.
- Scroll down to "Language preference" to update your email notification language.