Criteria for YouTube partnership
Your YouTube channel may be eligible for the YouTube Partner Program if it meets the following criteria:
- The program has launched in your country.* (If the program is not available in your country, you will see a notification in your monetization settings.)
- Your account is in good standing and hasn't previously been disabled for monetization.
- You upload original, quality content that is advertiser-friendly.
- Your video content complies with our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- You have reviewed our copyright education materials.
- Your multi-channel network does not prohibit YouTube Partner Program membership. (Multichannel networks under the most current contracts with YouTube will not.)
If you meet these criteria, learn how to become a partner here.
Please note: you may not be able to monetize videos which use any of the following without the explicit permission of the person who created or produced all material:
- Songs or pieces of music that aren’t eligible for revenue sharing
- Music (including cover songs, lyrics, and background music)
- Graphics and pictures (including photographs and artwork)
- Movie or TV visuals
- Video game or software visuals. Click here for details.
- Live performances (including concerts, sporting events, and shows)
*Users in some countries may still need to apply through an application form.