In order to watch YouTube videos, make sure that you have the most up-to-date browser and a good Internet connection:
- Most recent version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari or Opera
- Internet connection with 500+ Kbps
If you have an older browser or operating system, you will need the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player.
Movies, TV shows and live events requirements
Some premium content on YouTube – like movies, TV shows and live events – require a faster connection and greater processing power to ensure optimal streaming speeds. Here's what you'll need:
- Most recent version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari
- Operating system: Windows 7+, Mac OS X 10.7+ or Ubuntu 10+
- Internet connection with 1+ Mbps
It can help to close other tabs, browsers and programs while streaming your content. It may also help to hardwire your Internet connection, instead of using a wireless network connection.