The YouTube Creator Awards program is our way of recognizing the extraordinary effort creators put into their channels. In order to be eligible for a Creator Award you need to meet the eligibility criteria and provide the required information.
There are three levels of Creator Awards based on the following subscriber milestones:
- Silver - when you reach 100,000 subscribers
- Gold - when you reach 1,000,000 subscribers
- Diamond - when you reach 10,000,000 subscribers
In addition to the above subscriber threshold requirements, Creator Awards are given at YouTube's discretion. We only recognize creators who follow our guidelines, and each channel is reviewed before an award can be issued.
That means we reward creators who keep their accounts in good standing without copyright strikes or violations of YouTube’s Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. You’ll need to resolve any such issues to be considered for a Creator Award.
Additionally, Creator Awards are meant to recognize those that bring original content to YouTube. For this reason, channels that focus on compilations, mixes, or curation of third-party content may not be eligible for Creator Awards.
Redeeming your award
Within approximately one week of reaching your subscriber milestone, we’ll review your channel. If you're eligible for a Creator Award, we’ll send a notification to your creator dashboard.
The notification will include a unique code you can use to redeem your Creator Award on the Creator Awards redemption website. On the website, you’ll be asked for shipping information and how you want your channel name to appear on the award.
Shipping and delivery
After you submit your shipping information, we’ll customize your award with your channel name and deliver it to you within approximately 1-2 weeks. In order to ensure timely delivery, please note the following:
- When you submit shipping information, please ensure that you use your full legal name in case you need to pick up your Creator Award from Customs or a delivery office.
- You’ll receive an email containing a tracking number once your award has shipped.
- It’s your responsibility to respond to any contact by a delivery company that requests more documentation or information to allow a Creator Award to pass through Customs and/or to be delivered.
- Failure to respond to a delivery company may result in your Creator Award being deemed abandoned, and may require you to purchase a replacement award should you wish to receive your Creator Award.
Note: If you’re located in Brazil or India, you’ll be asked for additional information, such as a tax ID, while ordering your Creator Award, so that we can provide this information to Customs.
Creator Award FAQs
Why haven’t I received a notification about my Creator Award?
I received a Creator Award notification but I can’t find the redemption code.
I redeemed my Creator Award but haven’t received it yet.
Here are a few things that may stand between you and receiving your award once you’ve redeemed it:
- There may be delays in the fulfillment process due to higher-than-expected redemption volumes.
- You may not have provided complete and/or correct shipping information to permit delivery. Look out for an email from us if that’s the case.
- There may be delays in the shipping process, due to such issues as Customs clearances, inclement weather, or high holiday volume.
I am an artist with an Official Artist Channel. How do I qualify for an award?
Can I get additional Creator Awards?
My Creator Award arrived damaged. Can you replace it?
Countries not served by Creator Awards until further notice
- North Korea