For certain kinds of transactions with your Google payments profile or Google Play, we might need to verify your identity with information such as your name, address or date of birth. You might also need to provide us with an image of your ID or proof of address.
How to submit documents
Follow the instructions in the email that you received to verify your identity. Make sure that your documents:
- Use the same first name and surname as in the form and in your profile
- Haven't expired
- Are clearly legible
Make sure that any image that you upload:
- Is an image of a document and nothing else
- Is readable
- Is in colour and not black and white
- Isn't blurred and doesn't have glare or dim lighting
- Shows the full document with all four corners
Can't find the email
- Go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, select Alerts .
- Select Verify now.
- To verify your identity, follow the on-screen instructions.
Why we might ask you to verify
Some reasons why we might ask you to verify include:
- We've seen a suspicious transaction in your payments profile.
- We need to verify the information associated with the account.
- We need more information to comply with EU law (European customers only).
Important: If we ask you to verify your account, any pending transactions will be cancelled. Pending charges on your bank statement will disappear within 14 working days.
Notifications to verify your identity
If you get one of these messages, you'll need to verify your identity.
- 'Your transaction cannot be completed. To proceed, please submit the required documents by completing this form.'
- 'Your payments profile is currently suspended for violations of Google Payments' Terms of Service. Learn more.'
- 'Your payments profile is currently suspended because some information on your account couldn't be verified.'
Follow the instructions included with the message to verify your identity.
How we use your information
Fix verification problems
If you received an email or got an error message when you signed in to the Google payments centre, follow the instructions in the message to resolve the issue. After we review your information, we'll contact you.
If you've failed verification, you'll receive an email shortly after the decision. To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email.
For more help, contact us.