Important: As of June 15th, 2021, you can no longer:
- Send, request, receive, claim, or withdraw money or find past transactions with pay.google.com or the old Google Pay app .
- Any pending transactions from the old Google Pay app should be expired.
To access the money you have in your Google Pay balance, you have two options:
- You can download the new Google Pay app and sign in with the account that has an existing balance. Your money will carry over to the new app. You can transfer your money out of the new Google Pay app at any time. Learn how to transfer money out.
- If you choose not to move over to the new Google Pay app and would like to withdraw your remaining balance, contact us for help
If you want to send, receive or request money, download the new Google Pay app .
For certain kinds of transactions with your Google payments profile or Google Play, we might need to verify your identity with information such as your name, address, or date of birth. You might also need to provide us with an image of your ID or proof of address.
How to submit documents
Follow the instructions in the email you received to verify your identity. Make sure your documents:
- Use the same first and last name as in the form and in your profile
- Aren't expired
- Are clearly legible
Make sure any image you upload:
- Is an image of a document and not anything else
- Is readable
- Is in color and not black and white
- Doesn’t have blur, glare, or dim lighting
- Shows the full document with all 4 corners
Can’t find the email
- Go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, select Alerts .
- Select Verify now.
- To verify your identity, follow the on-screen instructions.
Why we might ask you to verify
Some reasons we might ask you to verify include:
- We saw a suspicious transaction in your payments profile.
- We need to verify the information associated with the account.
- We need more information to comply with EU law (European customers only).
Important: If we ask you to verify your account, any pending transactions will be canceled. Pending charges on your bank statement will disappear within 14 business days.
Notifications to verify your identity
If you get one of these messages, you'll need to verify your identity.
- "Your transaction cannot be completed. To proceed, please submit the required documents by completing this form."
- "Your payments profile is currently suspended for violations of Google Payments' Terms of Service. Learn more."
- "Your payments profile is currently suspended because some information on your account couldn't be verified."
Follow the instructions included with the message to verify your identity.
How we use your information
Fix verification problems
If you received an email or got an error message when you signed into the Google payments center, follow the instructions in the message to resolve the issue. After we review your information, we’ll contact you.
If you failed verification, you’ll receive an email shortly after the decision. To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email.
For more help, contact us.