You can preview and watch videos while you browse the Home tab in the YouTube app. As you scroll through your Home feed, videos will begin to play on mute with captions auto-enabled. This lets you easily preview different videos while you're exploring the app.
You can also see a 3-second preview of a video when you hover over a video’s thumbnail.
This feature is currently available only on mobile devices, not tablets.
To turn Autoplay on Home on or off:
- Select your profile picture .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Muted playback in feeds.
- Toggle the feature on, wifi only, or off.
- Use on Wi-Fi and cellular data
- Use only when connected to Wi-Fi
- Disable Autoplay on Home